Friday, July 07, 2006

A Typical Shalom Day

Have to record this before it gets lost in my mental whirlwind...

Shalom at 3months 3weeks
8am Punch mummy awake for direct feed. Sometimes will nap around 9plus, sometimes no nap. Bath by Granny around 10.30am.
11am Bottle Feed - 4oz. Any more and he throws up. He's been taking 4oz since discharge from hospital from jaundice. Usually when I pump I get about 8oz during this time, so one extra bottle for supply build up. Nap in granny's room.
2pm Direct or bottle feed - depends on whether I'm at home. Usually I am. Bottle feed if there are excess bottles of 2oz. Nap for a short while around 3plus, sometimes without.
5pm Direct feed or bottle feed. If I didn't direct feed at 2pm, I'll pump another 8oz, one to feed and another to store. Nap around 6plus, sometimes without.
8pm Direct feed, wipe down. Bedtime if I'm taking care. Otherwise he gets to decent quiet rest only after 11plus after loud tv in granny's room - after they are ready to part with him.
11pmSleep feed.
5am (Ideally, but sometimes he stirs around 3am... sigh. And will only go back to sleep via nursing.) Stir for feed.

He's supposed to get about 15hrs of sleep (10hrs of night time sleep and 5 hrs from 3naps). I think he does get them... just that he's pretty erratic, so perhaps if I add up on a weekly basis, he gets sufficient sleep. However, I need to go to bed earlier. Sometimes after dilly-dallying, I get to bed around 2am and can't sleep after that when he's fully awake at 8am.

OH. He's drooling like mad. I think I feel something hard on the lower jaw. End of painfree nursing. ARGH. The family is said to TEETHE VERY EARLY. WHY?????

No comments: