Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Eventful Day

Had my stapled haemorrhoidectomy today by Dr Seow-Choen and I was knocked out quite badly by the IV sedation. Tried to wake up a couple of times but fell back to sleep again. Extremely horrid feeling in the lower regions, felt like pissing but had empty bladder. Tried going to the toilet twice but no luck - knocked out in bed @ the Day Surgery centre. Was hurriedly dressed around 5pm coz the surgery place was near its closing hours. But the nurse was sweet lah, so I didn't mind. Just couldn't get my act together though - was all over the place due to the sedation.

Last meal was this morning 1am, pumped at 8.30am and next pump was around 6.30pm. Had a pathetic 6oz though breasts were full coz I didn't eat the whole day. Which was also why I was in pain - coz I didn't take painkillers. Argh.

So when I finally had my dinner and painkillers, I was waiting in agony for the painkillers to take effect. It kicked in in about 20minutes time. During then, Abby was with me and saw my agony. She stroked me gently and lovingly, kissed me and was just full of concern. At about the peak of my pain, Ben was explaining to her that Mummy was in pain. Guess what she did? She clasped her hands together and said, "Pray! Pray!" Wow. It takes an angel to remind mere mortals that God is sovereign. We prayed and there was relief.

During the painful moments, I remembered that I had to pump - but I didn't say coz I intended to pump after dinner and after the painkillers took effect. But suddenly, Abby who was just walking about the dining table said, "Pump milk! Pump milk!" She really knows my needs.

Before she fell asleep, she stroked me again, gave me kisses and tried to pat me to sleep. She's really a very sweet girl. I'm so blessed.

3 comments:

Cal said...

Abby is such an angel, praise God for such a sensible 2 year old. Hope you are feeling better.

Audrey said...

Indeed she is. I'm feeling much better, at least I've kinda got a better orientation compared to yesterday.

Anonymous said...

Take care...

biatch