Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Heartfelt Sorry

We picked Ben up today and went for lunch nearby his workplace. Abby was happily playing with my old pair of sunglasses. She really had fun with it although at times she struggled with it due to its long arms. When we were about to drop Ben back at his office, we parked the car along the roadside as we had a couple of minutes left to chill out.

Abby, who was playing with the glasses, started struggling with it and threw a mini-tantrum coz she was facing some difficulty. Her arms were flying all over the place hit me and I kinda (according to Ben) snapped at her with "Don't hit mummy! Abby, say sorry." She was stunned and immediately tears filled her eyes. She didn't cry but was really really upset and terribly scared. She mouthed the word 'Sorry' but no sound came out. She was really petrified and really very sorry. Then I taught her how to stroke me and gave her a really long hug. She was close to sobbing - normally she just cries loudly. I could tell she was indeed sorry for what she had done. Later Ben carried her and explained the misdeed. She was quick to apologise sincerely when she regained her composure and both Ben and I were just stunned at her reaction earlier. Really heartbreaking to see her really sorry for her misdeed, yet glad that she didn't just apologise for the sake of apologising.

No comments: