Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Painful Fingers

Abby burnt her fingers(!) during dinner. She wanted soup, so I went to the kitchen to get some for her. She followed behind me and promptly reached for the pot that was placed terribly near the edge of the countertop by the SICK MAID (who at a million curry puffs to get herself sick!). I could barely warn her when her tiny little fingers touched the pot and then she cried after that. Ran her fingers under the running tap and granny put toothpaste. No point arguing whether the latter works. Just put then when it's 'done', washed off. Shudder to think what would have happened if she pulled the handle down. Thank God. Really thank God indeed.

Then during bedtime - lights out already, Abby and Shalom were having some cuddly time, with Abby holding Shalom's fingers. Suddenly, Shalom cried! instinctively, I knew somehow that Abby bit him. Turned on the light and I SAW TEETHMARKS on Shalom's fingers. Sigh. Separated them and coaxed them to sleep.

I don't feel well.

1 comment:

M said...

*ouch*, hope Abby's better. I think the bite was experimental, cos she was injured herself earlier on fingers too?

Reminded me- I must go Ikea buy those metal guards round counter. Athena getting abit taller... when she tiptoes, haha.