Thursday, July 01, 2004

Today

Yay. Finally on mc. For no particular reason either. Not enough sleep, too tired to go work. Went to my GP and he did his routine checks. Couldn't find anything wrong, so he asked me to go to my gynae to get me started on my maternity leave. Yay. Apparently we can start going on maternity leave anytime. Just 56 days lah. Well, I won't have the privilege of using ALL 56 days, so might as well do it asap. I go on no pay leave on the 26th July. :P Seeing Dr Yap this Sat.

Went with Eve to Dr Chan today - Vicky's engaged!!! Yay! Praise the Lord! :D Abby v farni... when Vicky appeared on the ultrasound, she kept kicking non-stop. Very excited to see her good friend!! Then when we were having a bite a Baker's Inn, Eve & I really thought both of them were communicating with each other! Hehehe... both moving non-stop. :D It's fun... Hehe...

Have consulted Dr Chan before. A few times. Think after Abby I may return to Dr Chan. Still quite afraid of Dr Yap. But let's just see how lah.

Went for antenatal class today - last session. Watched videos - bathing baby & changing diaper, plus labour & delivery! There were 2 couples giving birth, and if I were one of them - the younger couple - I would be so tempted to wallop the hubby on the head. Dunno why also, maybe coz I could really sense the young mummy's agitation. The older couple fared better. I mean the hubby was really supportive. Alot of cuddling and touching. The younger guy just kept patting his wife's head. Wah lau eh. But when the babies were born, I cried when I saw the younger couple's baby emerge. Maybe coz it was a close-up shot. The older couple's scene wasn't so intense. But to give the couples credit, it's the 4th kid for the older hubby while the first for the younger one, so the older guy knew how to manage himself better.

Moral of the story: When your wife is in labour having one of those intense contractions, don't pat her on her head. You'd get smacked.

After watching the video, we realised that there's quite a bit of preparations still undone. Lina's coming over this saturday. Hopefully things will go smoothly.

Mum is filing for divorce. After 8 yrs. That's a long time. The hubby is still unrepentant. Well, finally there's a closure of sorts. Hmm... Grandparents-to-be getting divorced. Boy. That sounds a lil' odd. Anyway, I told mum, if any guy is interested (and I understand there's a queue... hehe) the guy needs to go through us (the kids) first before they can even paktor. Hahah. Well, mum won't lose her license if she is divorced, but would lose it if she remarries. Her exhorter's license, that is.

If I go to bed early, I think I'd go school tomorrow. Ben was on leave with me today, and it was a fun day. :)

No comments: