Thursday, July 22, 2004

Transition

Have been having Braxton Hicks and backache. Reviewed the past ultrasound scans last nite, and realised that when Abby was younger, she was pretty much 'on time'. In other words, Dr Yap may be RIGHT!! Argh. that means I deliver on or after 20 August. Personally I was 2 weeks late, which means if Abby was also 2 weeks late, we could be looking at 1 Sept.

This pregnancy is indeed forever...

So was just thinking, if I'm considered unfit for school when school commences in a couple of days' time, chalk up the absentism plus 4 weeks leave, I could be 'entitled' to leave of absence for 1 semester! :D Sigh. Actually I would like to defer for 1 semester. Although I'll join in halfway (which is January 2005), at least I would compromise either side - Abby & my studies. Also, I might finish NIE and join a school at the START of the year which sounds more appealing than joining the school midway... :P

Will be going to Dr Yap this Sat for another checkup (it is already 36 weeks according to his calculations - and checkups r weekly now...) and see how my deferment goes. I've gotta hurry though. School starts next monday. U can tell I'm really looking 4wd to it.

The Final Quest is really a paradigm shifter. I've come to realise that we may do even the noblest task with great sacrifice, but as long as we are self-centred, it is still dead works. It's a fine line... E.g. doing charity coz WE feel good doing it. It then becomes about ourselves. Like how the previous belief system of 'chalking up good deeds' - it's basically for our own credit, which is no credit at all. I'm about to finish the book and have come to realise the importance of God's grace. It's not a flippant thing anymore, neither is it head knowledge. Words are indeed futile in attempting to describe it, unless the Holy Spirit reveals it to us.

Ranz's bed is coming in today! A Queen-sized King Koil. Heard from my mum that he's been sleeping on his own creaky bed for the past donkey years, since he was in Primary School. His back hasn't been in tip top condition, and he's been asking for a bed for a long time now. Right now he's paying it off partially as his pay comes in. I'm proud of this kiddo lah. :)

Really appreciate Ben for taking pictures and videos of eve & myself last week after a short session at a seminar. :P Went through the pictures and thought they were pretty cool. :) especially the video. :) It's great. :)

Anyway, Ben's last day is coming soon - next Friday. it is indeed a crossroad, and I pray that God will lead him through this time :) and open doors for him. :)

No comments: