Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Ob-switch-trician...

Panic on Monday morning. Was bleeding so we thought it was time for some action. But common sense made me make Ben leave for work in the morning - would contact him later if there were any 'actions'. :D Anyway, it takes less than 1/2 hr to come home, so would have more than enough time lah. Had backache on and off also - like the PMS kind, so called my obstetrician. AND i found out he was on leave!!! *PANIC* But the clinic referred me to another ob, which was 4 floors down - #06-05. Made appt for 2.15pm.

Informed Ben and he took half day. Gave about an hour's allowance to travel to hospital for 2.15pm appt (I'm impressed :D) and he drove really safely. He's such a darling. :) And I really mean much safer than usual. Hehehe... :) Had an enjoyable time at the clinic. Ben managed to charm a dutch 11mth old bb girl who wouldn't let him go. Heh. Maarle - that's her name. :) Really cute girl.

Met Dr Ann Tan - a very young lady but she knew what she was doing. Very comfortable with her. She checked me and couldn't find out the problem area. Abby wasn't engaged yet but Dr Tan kept asking if we were sure that 20Aug was the EDD coz she mentioned that Abby's big and the placenta seems matured liao. *wonder wat that means* Also, the clinic quite happening - when the scan came on, lights were switched off and there was a big tv for everyone to watch - smart girl! :D We saw Abby - I thought I saw her playing Five-O again :D - and dr pointed out her hair and the fats on her neck! :D Heh. Then Dr asked me if we knew the gender, and I said, "Yup, girl. Better still be a girl or I'll go into shock!" :D Oh, and she was asking why I put on so much weight, then dropped 1 kilo, and we explained, "No more Ya Kun!" hehe... So after saying that I'd go into shock, I mentioned if it was a boy, he'll be named Ya Kun - coz must have been the kaya that manipulated the sex organ!!! hahaha.... super ridiculous yah! :D but fun lah. Did a CTG also - no contractions yet. :(

Apparently, Abby's size is about 37 weeks, which is the same calculation as according to my LMP. So let's just wait and see lah. Going back to Dr Yap tomorrow for MC review. Please please extend my mc... one more week only!!! Although I've gotta go back to NIE the week after, I think I'll survive that better than Maris. The peers in my situation (crossing over) are in similar predicaments also - we're dispensible workers in the school. Helps that I'm preggie, so I'm pretty much off the hook of being a temp staff.

Mtg the girls tonight - finally! Going subway for dinner and catch up on each other's lives. And to see me preggie for the last time before I pop.

Abby's getting real uncomfortable inside liao - can feel her pushing here and there. Poor girl. At least when she's out, I won't get scolded for a skinny baby. You know the folks... argh. I've realised as much as my MIL is a culture shock to me, I am one to her as well. Well, trying to accommodate lor.

No comments: