Tuesday, March 09, 2004

Waterfall at Hotel Robey

Oooh. Last nite a waterfall from the chandelier was installed complimentary from the bizzare weather. There was a mini one from the spotlight at the third level also. When we returned home, we thought my in-laws knew about it. They did. They thought it was just drip, drip, drop. Not the shower type, but the drip type. We drove our car up the porch, saw the steps wet, and I was like, wah heavy rain. (Usually the shelter keeps the steps dry.)

Then we opened the front door. The living room was soaked. (Remember the antique furniture.) The maid looked like she was feebly sweeping water from the dining area while standing next to the newly installed waterfall with buckets underneath it AND the fan capturing the water also, and if I dun remember wrongly, it was still switched ON. Subsequent reports revealed that, prior to our return, she was doing her own sweet thing without a bucket in place and just letting the water go everywhere. That I won't dwell upon. Apparently she called my MIL. My SIL returned, saw the place in a mess, saw the maid not do anything, yelled at the maid abit, shifted the fan and went up to her room with her partner coz the maid wasn't doing anything. She called my MIL, and the latter said that she knew about it (but not the extent). I thought they were the coolest people in the world. The house was soaked and we were taking our own sweet time at dinner at TSC. Heh. Ben & I didn't know about it. And we are the kan cheong spiders.

When we returned, we were shocked. (My ILs weren't back yet coz they had to send their grandson home.) We went upstairs, thinking our room was GONE. Together with the computer and the dog. (Our room is supposedly the first to kena when it storms.) So when we entered, it was as dry as a bone! :D Wah. Unbelievable. Praise the Lord. One sweep of His pinkie and we're at His mercy. God is good.

So we took a brief look at the soaked third level. The spotlight became a ceiling tap. And it was unbucketed. (No bucket to catch the water lah. Dunno what the maid was doing also.) So we got a pail and dealt with tat. It was pretty useful. Then we lamented about the parquet. Again and again. Hah. And we thought about the lil' puddle made by the a/c a couple of days back. So funny. That became totally negligible. :D

The thing about parquet is - it actually acts as a sponge. Once when Joy peed a small puddle in his room, we spent more than an hour soaking her piss up from the crack of the parquet. Damn irritating. So, the water crept into every nook and cranny of the place and we tried to sweep the water, mop the water and even used the fan to dry the third level. Not too bad, although I slipped once. Then I was banished into the room while my hero saved the day. "It's not every full moon that you get pregnant u know," he reminded me. Oops. With my tail between my legs, I almost went under the bed. Actually I went to take my shower and just was in true amazement at how he rose up to the occasion to save the day. He's one of a kind. I know many testosterone bags who wouldn't lift a finger in the face of such as situation.

The spotlight's only a small section. We haven't talked about the chandelier-water fall yet.

It was a pretty showerhead I must say. :P So it poured down. Continuously. When my PILs returned, they had a rude shock. 'Mei Mei De Jia' (beautiful home) was being attacked. The maid was truly un-understandable. She didn't explain the extent of things. My MIL never knew it was THAT bad. So the maid kena jialat jialat. I stood upstairs and prayed and tried to think of a solution. Later, both ben & i created a perfect solution! :D Great teamwork love! :D We made a tent to capture the water from the chandelier (while preventing it from storming the first level) and then channeling it via homemade plastic tubes to a bucket at the first floor which the maid has to clear every 1/2 hour I think. Or else my FIL and ben would have to get up every now and then to clear the water. Painful.

The parquet's ruined. The marble flooring also. Think it's acid rain or something?

And the STUFID roof man said he'll only come in to repair the roof when it stops raining after 14 days. Smack the fella. So we were left to our own devices.

Heh, I dreamt that a shopping centre was flooded - rain and all. And this woman wanted to take a shower with Ben. :P But he didn't. Yay. He came to me instead and was really nice to me. Awwwww.... :)

No comments: