Sunday, March 21, 2004

Hols over

Went to the gynae's today. :) Gosh, it was such a lovely session! :D Baby got Daddy's head... round round one. :) Also saw the kiddo rolling from side to side, and i felt the bump as he/she was doing so! :D Scheduling a detailed scan at KK soon, to check if everything's okie with the baby. :) Tried to peek at the underside today. Legs open, but doc pointed out the umbilical cord which made detecting the penis difficult. Well, seems like there ain't anything between the legs!! Doc won't confirm yet, most likely will confirm @ the next session. Yay. :) He was quite cautious, coz i think he's seen parents who have been disappointed at knowing they're carrying a girl instead of a boy.

Having a headache now. Argh... won't go away, and feeling pretty warm. Guess it's the baking weather. :P Finished item 2 and 3 for yesterday's menu, and trying to complete item 1. Finished 1 or 2 math lesson plans I think. The drama serial had a crappy ending-ending... the end of the ending. The whole crew saying 'Hao ren you hao bao!' WLE. Dunno if I'll ever chase another serial. :P Honestly, I dunno how I'll survive the 10 weeks of vacation after practicum. Maternity leave and thereafter won't be that bad coz got bb to take care. But for now, gosh. *Yawn*

Joy finally got a bath today! :D Thanks love for bathing her. She was so happy after the bath - dunno because it's the end of it, or because she's finally clean. Heh.

I'm glad I've got another pal who's expecting around the same time as me... she's due 4 wks later, around that time I think. It's strange how God allowed our paths to meet for a great reason such as this - to be the support and strength when there isn't much at times. Also, I'm glad that I've got loved ones around me - people whom I've known for a long time, and also only for awhile - who have been superly encouraging and supportive. :) Thanks. :)

Went to view Jay's friendster. He's got more pictures up, although not superly clear, he still looks pretty much the same. I won't fly in his plane though. So scary - he's not concentrating!! :P Heh. Big buddy lah, that fella. Hope to catch up wif him soon. If he ever returns. Heh.

Strange how we are thinking of going to perth for different reasons. I seriously dunno what I left behind there... tried selling quite a bit of stuff, yet I dunno if it's worth going back there for the junk I left behind - father's windbreaker, textbooks, etc. See first lah. If the place is still available. Even queenie's back liao, so how to access that place??

Had this strange inspiration this evening about landladies... haha... bombarded ben with a series of questions. Poor him - this pregnancy is taking a toll on him.

Dowanna go back to school - now that i've just barely got used to the hols. Bummer. It'll be good if we could have 12 weeks of bumming with each other!!! *hint hint!* Hehe... Seeing how ben has developed in the student care env, having intellectual debates with him about kids, he passion, motivation, mission and love makes me firmly believe that teaching is really a bonus for him. With the kind of hard work he puts into what he does to create an environment (at least material) which schools offered but are totally untapped shows me that he has beliefs similar to the system. The system isn't that bad - I think it's misunderstandings and conflict in personal and corporate beliefs that make the system look bad. I believe in the education system in singapore. Although it's radically changing, I do appreciate what it has to offer and try my best to deliver the objectives. :) That's why I enjoy teaching. It's not just about the students or grades. It's the holistical approach, that takes one hell lotta work, yet the desire is for children to benefit @ the end of the day - which is what ben is doing over at the SC side. But for him - it's OMO - one man operation. Argh. Anyway, the choice is his - although I do advocate (bo-loh-soh him, issit what that's called?) teaching. Not to everyone - coz if it's an unsuitable fit - the teacher and children suffer. I dun really care about the teacher - coz adult liao - but children may be forever scarred by the negative attitude of the teacher. I am guilty as well. Reflecting on how my first batch has suffered under me - makes me really think twice, even thrice, when I deal with them - as a group and as an individual. Well, I dun really give two hoots about what pple say/said/are saying about the way I do stuff. They can talk all they like, as long as the children are positively impacted - I believe I've done my job. Well, when ppl talk, they'll stay away from u (ideally) and as they talk behind ur back, they'll always be behind u. At least ur work is getting noticed. :) Appreciation is another thing altogether. Unless it's totally unproductive or counterproductive, or if the loss is greater than the gain, then the ways will be modified. And feedback would be from children, parents as well as well-meaning teachers, and HODs, VP and P. Willing to share, but if anyone chooses to bitch, they can go set up another department, call it the bitches club, and do what they do best - bitch. And all will bear fruit - good and not-so-good ones. Pray I dun fall into the latter category.

Okie. Enough temping at the bitches club. Back to work. :)

No comments: