Tuesday, May 16, 2006

The World's A Stage

The rate of my blog posting is inversely proportionate to the number of thoughts that zoom through my head, asleep or awake. There are so many things I want to write about, but most definitely, it will be taken and used against me, creating misunderstandings which will be like an impenetrable fortress in the mind of the reader.

How many times have you read something, and thought, "Is this person writing about me?" It's tiring to write that way, and to read that way as well. Suspicions flying about everywhere, and even something that is neutral becomes self-pronounced ammunition for the reader. If only all of us could bear this in mind: The world does not revolve around me.

However, I have tried to kid myself into thinking a dangerous thought. That the internet is my world. My social life. Ironically, I feel safer. Less prone to being hurt.

Less chances of my heart being ripped out. Less chances of my heart bleeding slowly to death. Which is worse?

The worst: Not having a heart.

I'm glad my heart's in shreds. It's time for another miracle. Each time, I become stronger than ever. Wiser than before. And even more willing to love. The pain I feel tells me I'm still alive. But chances are, once again, it will be ripped apart by another person. And that person wouldn't even know it.

Will that person be you?

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Really wish I wouldn't be that person, but what u said is so true, feeling that out heart is ripped apart actually shows that we do have feelings and we are ALIVE!! better then not having a heart. What doesn't kills us makes us stronger I guess.

William Taylor: "Nothing will more correctly reveal what is in a man than the coming upon him of some crushing and unlooked for crisis."

"Trials don't make us; they reveal us. If you want to know if you are a person of faith, look back to some crisis and ask yourself, ' How did I respond to Christ in that Crisis? '.