Monday, May 01, 2006

Happy Weekend

Abby went to children's service today! :D She really enjoyed herself, dancing and giving hi-5s to the che ches (during prayer though... :P) I took video recordings with my fone, unfortunately Ben didn't capture any with the camera. :( Hopefully I might be able to post something up. She managed to stay for praise and worship as well as tithing, but during Word, she was too distracted and was running around. (I think got chee-cher not happy...:P) In the end, we decided to let her take her lunch and stay in the nursery while we went to the main sanctuary for service.

We spent the day at our new place just chilling out while Shalom continued his feed-sleep-regurgitate cycle. I think he really drank too much. Usually I produce twice the amount he takes, but today he managed to be on par with my supply! That's not a good thing coz he kept puking. In fact, each time Ben carried him, he'd puke. :P

Went East Coast Park in the evening for Worship ministry BBQ. :) Had a good time catching up with some folks in there. In fact, Abby had a great time taking walks with Uncle Andrew! Later, she was between Andrew and Charlotte, holding hands, taking a stroll along the beach (on the pavement though) like a happy lil' family! :) I dunthink we've ever done that though...:( Although Ben claims that we 'do' that when we go shopping... but i think otherwise coz each time we go to a mall, her stroller's always there, so highly unlikely. Anywayz...

Yesterday, my PIL, kidz, Lina and myself went to United Square to see the PD. Abby's been having runny nose - green mucus - while Shalom seems to be losing his voice. Had a long waiting time, so we had our lunch after we registered. We returned to the clinic after that and saw Dr Ong. Abby was amazing. When Dr Ong took the spatula and was about to place it on the tongue, without even asking, Abby just sat there and OPENED HER MOUTH WIDE! :D Such a great girl! :D MIL, Dr Ong and I were so impressed! She also didn't fidget during the eye check up before the throat inspection! Wow, super impressive! :D

Anyway, she exhibited an extremely high level of self-control, in my opinion. :D I wanted to get her to start drinking expressed milk once again, and dipped biscuit inside the milk to coax her. At first she found it amusing, but later, she detected the milk taste and erupted violently, yelling, "BUYAO!" (Don't want). Big tears started rolling down as she rejected the biscuit, with and without milk, asked to "READ BOOK!", then "BUMBLEBEE!", then "HI FAIZ" (Hi-5 VCD), then she stopped crying suddenly, and asked very politely while the yells turned into quiet sobs, "Mummy, Hi-Faiz pleeeease?" while I just looked on in amazement, from the start to the end of the tantrum. I believe it was very good self-control because in spite of how she was feeling at that time, she knew that she had to ask properly in order to get her request heard. Tears stopped rolling although she was still sobbing. I explained that I was going to get her all cleaned up (remember runny nose plus horrible mucus) and then we would watch after that. She allowed me to clean her up. Honestly, I was really pushing my luck. I thought she would have kicked up an even bigger scale royal fuss (like what 2year olds do) but she didn't. I know that 2yos are like mini-teenagers (she's 21months now). People call them the terrible twos, but I think it's pretty much an issue of confusion, so to speak - of wanting independence yet not being able to do them. And also, they haven't learnt socially appropriate behaviour, so it can get challenging for them. Nevertheless, I'm just still amazed by her everyday, and we're working on helping her communicate her needs and wants in an attempt to reduce communication frustration. So far, it's been enjoyable. :)

No comments: