Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Painful Labour (Day)

First Labour Pain
We (Ben, Abby and myself) went for brekkie in the morning, but the place we wanted to go to opens only at 11am. So we were too early. So we took a trainride to Compass Point. When I first took out the digital camera, a voice inside my head went, "You're going to drop the camera." It was Fear speaking. True enough, when we alighted at Seng Kang, I was having difficulty holding on to abby's waterbottle and my bag. I asked Ben to help me with the water bottle, and the next thing - in an instant, my bag slipped off and landed on the floor! Sigh. The camera was inside, and the bag landed on the side where the camera was placed. *heartpain*

:'(

Camera's ok. So sad. I've been ever so cautious with it, still it dropped. Salesman kept repeating never to drop the camera. And I dropped it. :'( In front of Ben some more. He lagi more cautious than me.

Second Labour Pain
The three of us had fun in the evening just playing in Abby's corner after her bath. Then after about an hour's play or so, Lina came in to administer Abby's medicine. Abby and I were very playful, even said, "Bye!" playfully when she went to Lina che che to take her medicine. After the medication, Lina offered to put abby to bed at 2nd floor then bring upstairs later so that I could resume my studying and Ben could do his work. Ben and I agreed and I asked Abby for a good nite hug. Abby started withdrawing, all the way to the farthest corner of the room. She refused to listen to me. At first I thought she was being testing again. Later, she walked back to the middle of the room and sat down in a way we usually don't allow and would correct her. As she sat, she looked at us and said, "Sit!" hoping that we would correct her. Her face was really sad. Suddenly we realised - she was feeling rejected because she thought we were rejecting her by asking Lina to take her away for bedtime! :'( We've always thought it was something neutral; we never thought she would take it as a form of rejection. So I gave Abby two choices - either go downstairs with Lina to sleep or come to bed with us (on her bed). She thought about it for about a split second and walked towards us with her thumb in her mouth (means ready for bed). So cute. She quickly lay down and then got up again, and asked in her cutest voice, "Daddy, Orh orh, pleeeze!" (Ben was still sitting upright while I was lying down already.) So cute. She wanted to lie down between the both of us. After that she fell asleep happily. :)

No comments: