Friday, May 05, 2006

Nursing in NIE

YEAH!! Praise the Lord! NIE is most likely going have nursing (breastfeeding, not medical nursing) facilities on campus! Woohoo! :D

Dear Miss Chua

SUGGESTION: MOTHER'S NURSING/BREASTFEEDING ROOM ON CAMPUS

Please refer to your suggestion on "Mother's Nursing/ Breastfeeding Room on Campus".

We are pleased to inform you that our Development Estate Department is studying the feasibility of having a nursing room on campus.

A cash award of $10 will be paid to you via GIRO or cheque (whichever applicable).

We look forward to your continued support in the Student Suggestion Scheme.

Yours sincerely


I didn't know if it was a Yes or a No, so I went to check the form (available online). There's a rubric to assess the suggestion, and points are given in four categories. Anyway the award ranges from $2 to $20 for individual, so a $10 award would mean it's pretty good (next is $15, then $20). :) I really hope that they'll implement it, especially BEFORE I GRADUATE! Been chased out of the bathrooms too many times when I have to pump in school, and it's not easy pumping in the car with the occasional onlooker wondering what on earth I'm doing. :S I really hope they will implement. It's really a simple suggestion - I asked for a room (for privacy, refrigeration (ideal for storing expressed milk), chairs, electrical supply for electric pumps, room preferably located near washroom. Reason being -changing demographic profile of student teachers (formerly known as NIE trainees) so more setting up families, which leads to more preggies on campus (very visible), support government pro-family stance, encourage better health for our children by giving them the best (so that they won't fall ill) which leads to lower absenteeism rate for student teachers who don't have to take child-care leave to take our kids to the doc, and enhances NIE's reputation for being family friendly and pro-family.

I hope they buy my deal. :D

No comments: