Friday, October 29, 2004

Birdy Park?



I just found out that Birdy is short for Abigail! Anyway, we were supposed to go Bird Park today. But because of bad weather, we stayed at Bugis Junction and then went to Suntec Carrefour. Gosh. I'm defintely a bargain hunter. And there isn't any in Carrefour. :P Dove Shampoo/Conditioner $12.20 at Carrefour, but $7.10 at Swanston. FOR THE EXACT SAME THING. I dun care if I"m auntie - with this discount, i can do more things with my $$!

I'm glad we had a family day today. It's been awhile - most outings have been functional - get stuff, fill stomach, fill petrol, etc. Yup, we're together, but it's just different. U know, when people say - they suddenly wake up one morning and find themselves waking up to a stranger? That phenomenon happens when people simply exist together, but they cease to know each other. Knowing each other requires effort - and disarming 'landmines'. This is not tosay that Ben & I dun spend time with each other - but when extra effort is involved - a special day set aside, a special hour, or even simply half hour, and then we just pay attention to each other - to his & her needs - the relationship is refreshed. :)

Watched Singapore Idol. Was glad that Chris is out - the competition finally begins - sorta. But when I saw Olinda cry over his departure, I realised that this is not only a competition. I was reminded of my pageant days. To the audience, it may be a competition, but to the contestants, it is a production. So when the SI contestants leave one by one, it's pretty hard to take, unless the fella in there is so bent on winning and has a horribly selfish attitude. Pui.

Praise the Lord! Now I have a renewed attitude towards school after the roller coaster ride. :) Now I'm excited to go back school. Regardless of what I have to study. :) Oh, I received a letter from some government department stating that they are really pleased to inform me that I've been selected to be in some position which I know nothing about. How come lucky draw also not so heng uh? :D Anyway, regardless of what position I'm placed in and what responsibilities I have to undertake, I pray that I will commit myself to it with the right attitude. I'm pretty sick of negative attitudes and being affected by people with negative vibes. I also pray that I will not produce such vibes either.

I need to pack the room. Again. :S Also need to do my QT. :D

1 comment:

Mrs Eve Ooi said...

so hilarious the part abt pageant! i read and laughed to myself so loud my mum tot i mad - staring at PC screen and laugh! :P