Saturday, October 09, 2004

Happy Birthday, Mummy!

We celebrated my mother-in-law's birthday today at Kippo, a Tung Luk a-la-carte buffet restaurant at Keppel Club. Family dinners are getting more fun. :) Everyone's laughing and simply enjoying themselves! It's really very heartwarming, everyone just gelling together. Praise God for this unity in the family. As Ben has been believing and saying, Abigail is indeed a blessing to both our families.

I confess I hadn't been giving my mil an easy time. During those tough moments, she has quietly borne my nonsense and stepped aside lest an arguement ensues. I've been constantly praying for God to teach me to love her abundantly, and He has. He has melted my heart and given us a new relationship. There's a newfound respect for her also, as God allows me to see her in a totallly new light.

Perhaps it's the first child thingey and just assimilating into the family, it was quite difficult to relinquish Abby. However, God allowed me to realise that my MIL is Abby's granny, and will forever be. I cannot be selfish and separate them - this i know but emotions are another thing. But thank God for self-control. Although all these emotions were at times rearing its ugly head, thank God that they were just bottled up. Yet the bottle looked pent up at times. Post pregnancy hormones do wreck havoc - so for those who are volatile even before pregnancy, do watch out for hormonal changes affeccting moods during and worse - post pregnancy. But thank God - all these will pass as well. For those who've been pregnant before, i think they'll agree. As much as we say we're prepared, it'll still affect us. But thank God it's over.

I'm enjoying her presence more and more each day, and I look forward to the time when she and abby interacts. Abby loves her granny, in fact both her grannies! :) Abundant smiles and lovely looks - the grannies get them all. And both grannies get SUPERLY excited when they see Abby respond to them!

Haven't got a present for my mother in law yet , thinking of making her something. She's got all the stuff she'll ever need, so i dun think she'll need another massager. Heh. Hope I won't procrastinate in making it - her birthday's on the 12 Oct. :)

No comments: