Thursday, October 28, 2004

Phhooooossshhhh!!!!!

Time just flew by! Did u feel that?

So many things have taken place, and as usual, I'm not sure I know where to start, as usual. I'll write anyway...

Uploading Abby's photos onto her album now. Have been wanting to do that for quite some time, but haven't had the mood to do it. So now even no mood die die have to upload, or else will pile up even more. :P Looking at these photos really make my heart melt... she's growing up so fast! :D I love those of hers with her daddy. It's my prayer that my children will have a dad who loves them wholeheartedly and shows that. God is good, He's blessed my children with a great dad! I've never experienced that, so through him, I rejoice that my child can have what I didn't. I'm not even sure if my dad has ever changed my diaper before. But it doesn't really bother me anymore. It doesn't change the fact that he's still my dad, and like my mum asked me the other day, if my dad gets really old next time and no one wants him anymore, would we, as his children, take him in? Of course! :D

Even though he's got another family, ironically, he feels rejected by us. When we went to sent Randy off to be enlisted on the 20th, we met my dad at Pasir Ris MRT station. Before he left, he asked us to msg him whenever, and jokingly commented that it seems like he's been deleted off our contact list! :P Anyway, I thank God that there isn't hostility between us, unlike many years ago when it got real bad. *Shudder* Well, about 3 weeks ago, he msged me and asked if I was having a celebration for my birthday. I was like, "Huh? So far away!" He still thinks I'm a li'l girl who gets excited about my birthday and starts drawing up a guest list THREE MONTHS before my birthday!

Ben was supposed to go reservist yesterday after our birthday celebration, but thank God he managed to be excused and go in only next week. By God's grace. So on the 26th, which was BEN's day, we went to Tung Lok's My Humble House.




We sat on this couch! It could fit both of us side by side!



We really enjoyed dinner, and really splurged on ourselves. Also, we received a complimentary birthday dessert. Well, they call it "Speak Softly Love - Strawberries with Chocolate Fondue and Ice Cream. They really have fanciful names for their food - Elixir of Life – Double-boiled Soup of the Day, The Balmy Breeze Beckons –Oven-baked Five-spiced Pork Loin, Chef's Blended Sauce amongst MANY other items. The decor is pretty amazing - very artistic. I must be honest though - I spent the first 3 minutes trying to figure out the orientation of the menu, and the next TEN minutes trying to read through all the items in the menu. It's really nice though. The food's fantastic. Well, abby as usual, she knows when mummy eats, coz she'll wanna join in too. So during then, I breastfed her for most part of the meal as we ate. :P

When we reached home, Ben got me to put the voucher pouch back in the glove compartment. When I opened it, I saw a bouquet in there! Also, a handmade card - gosh I love his creativity! Benji's back! ;D - and my birthday present!! I've been bugging him for one for most part of the year. Anyone wanna guess wat he got for me?



It was a fabulous evening, to be able to spend our birthday festival together. :) God is good. :) No more lonely birthdays. Many people blessed us with birthday wishes - Dad, Mum, Granny, Choo ee & family, Eve & Vic, Queenie, Charlotte & Andrew, Randy (he called from camp!!), Aunt Mich & family, Aunt Carol, Ps Jonathan, Xiaoyan, Huiying, Carole and Elise! :D

Started the next day without any plans coz Ben was supposed to go in camp. Wanted to go Amore Day Spa with the deal I got, but procrastinated so much that I didn't even make the appointment. So Eve took pity on me - seeing that Ben was going in camp - and offered to visit me. Later on, plans developed and I got the car and went to my mum's workplace to visit her. Thank God she was in Singapore. God revealed a simple truth to me some years ago. Though for birthdays, we celebrate the birthday person, in actual fact, we have to honour our mothers on this day for bearing us. The truth hit me more so after I've become a mother myself. So we skipped down to church for a quick visit and took some photos. :) (it's my first time out with Abby alone! And I feel great! :D)







after that, went over to Eve's place to pick her up. We went down to Parkway, she to Cold Storage while I headed for Isetan's Nursery Room, my hideaway as Abby milks me. :) After that, we went back to Eve's place to check on Vic while Ben headed for her place in a cab after his daily zillion-laps swim (he hit 100 on last sat!). We left for Swenson's and pigged out there. Mmm. Abby had to be fed again. There. :P

Really enjoyed myself... yakking and all. The conversation never seems to run dry, it's really enjoyable. Ben's so amazed at the way the ball keeps bouncing back and forth. Even when the 'ball' drops, a new serve is given and the game continues, so there's very li'l awkward moment. And the things we do... gosh, the tiko pek in the next car would have dropped his jaw... Hahahah... put two breastfeeding women together and u have strange conversations! Engorged breasts, poopy MMS, etc. Yup. Super auntie, but loving every moment of it. :D

Oh, by the way, I scalded myself today while preparing for abby's bath. Cooked my right hand. Sigh.

Abby's able to hold her neck pretty well now, with the occasional flops - whacks rather - and she's smiling so sweetly whenever she's fed and clean! When she's got a dirty diaper, she'd haf an uncomfortable look if it's been too long, or she just won't sleep. Oh, we realised she's sleeping long hours. Yup, blur parents. She sleeps from 11pm to 7am without waking up, and when she does, around 7 in the morning, she feeds for abt 15mins then she goes back to sleep till about 10. So effectively, she's sleeping from 11pm to 10am! Wow! :D

Okie, think I gotta go pump milk alredi... Still uploading photos though... :D

No comments: