Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Blessings

Just counting my blessings. God's been real good. :)

Baby Abigail is truly awesome. She has her own character, and is a wonder to watch. Her actions, smiles, mannerisms (especially when she does the "talk to my hand!") really makes hearts melt and tiredness ooze away. She slept 7.5hrs last nite and is slowly stretching. Wow. And I didn't realise, till Blanca called just now, that babies take about 12 weeks to transit to a regular routine. And I thought they were supposed to be routined from 1st week onwards! :p

Anyway, as long as Abby's contented, I'm happy. She hardly fusses, dussen suck on anything, sleeps well, eats well and poops like an M16. Yup. She hit my MIL near the belly button with her power poop. :S All diaper changers should be certified that way. Heh.

Relationship with MIL is improving and she's surprisingly extremely easy-going. :) Besides her temperamental nature, she's a blessing to have around. Relationships with sisters-in-law are good too... heard of some which are stormy, and I praise God it's been a smooth journey so far.

Ben n i have been communicating way lots more, and i'm really touched that he set aside an amount of time daily for me. Practising couch time, before the tasks of life overwhelm us. Great conversations, edification and encouragement. :) There's alot of mutual respect as each seek to make the other comfortable in all ways.

Mum's totally mad about Abigail. From that pregnancy and baby-fearing woman to this proud granny, I'm really proud of her. Did i mention that, 2 fridays ago, when we brought abby to the church conference, abby let out a peep and i had to breastfeed her. That peep commanded my mum, who was sitting IN FRONT OF the church, to run behind and persuade me to end the feeding so that she could kidnap abby! Later, she came back again after the initial failed babynapping attempt and took off with abby to show people in front while my senior pastor was sharing the vision. Heh. :) So proud of her. :) She's a gorgeous hot mama! :D

I thank God for Eve, who has been my sanity and shoulder, my edifier and encourager, a true sister-in-Christ. :) Am so really proud of her for being so strong and holding on to Jesus. Also am very glad that God has caused us to value and treasure this friendship very much and allowing the iron-sharpening process to take place. :) I know we'll go a long way, coz we're very very different, yet so similar! :D Heheheh... I really pray that God'll continue to rain down blessings on her life and vic's, and that she'll continue this path and rise up as a woman of God who will storm the gates of hell! :D Yes and Amen! :)

Really happi with cell too... it's multiplied, and i can sense that things are getting serious. We're a whacky bunch. :) Also, our dear friend will be joining us for cell! :) He feels at home in church and that's a great blessing! :) Both his kids are also happy there, so they've finally started to settle down. :)

Young working adults ministry in the works, and I still have no idea what's going to happen. But I know that great things are going to take place. :) Lives will be changed, and I realised that my mission of helping others draw close to Christ may very well be my mission in this ministry. :) It's not a thought out mission statement, but something which God has placed within me. It's so different. It's real. It's amazing.

I'm blessed. This is real living. Life on earth is short, but life in eternity is forever. The kingdom perspective will radically change the way things are perceived right now. And it will change the way life is lived. The time on earth is not even 0.000000000000000000000001% of eternity, so what will i do to ensure that i will enjoy eternity? As it has been said, some people may not even enjoy when they get to heaven when the prospects of heaven are praising and worshiping the true Almighty God all day long. The lie is too great. True worship is heavenly. It's not the music, the vocalist or even the guitarist. It's about Jesus. It's all about Him. Not about how we feel during worship, whether we like the style or the melody.

Praise the Lord. :)

No comments: