Friday, October 01, 2004

Pruning

I just had a very interesting encounter. My aunt bought a mozzie plant for abby so that we can open the balcony doors and keep mosquitoes away. The thing is, she bought it about 2 weeks ago, and Ben just managed to collect from her place yesterday. At first I understood that the plant had dried up partially so it was pretty pathetic looking. Then as we were leaving the house to run some errands yesterday, ben mentioned that the other section (??) of the plant is downstairs, and it's a bushy lot! It had overgrown, so he left it downstairs. So I realised that there were actually two parts of the plant!!

So the pathetic lot was upstairs. Not that bad, but just had the right amount of dried up leaves and fresh ones. I took my scissors and started snipping away. At first i removed the clearly gone case leaves... dried up and ready to be preserved, then those that seemed hopeless. Then the Holy Spirit started explaining to me, "The Heavenly Father prunes your life as well, so that nutrients, such as time and resources, are not wasted on activities which produce no fruit. In fact, if left there, they will zap up all your energy and time. In time, u will nto bear fruit, but be so zapped." Indeed, I must allow my Father to prune me. Later I also recalled that even seemingly good branches, the Father prunes. It is because by pruning the good ones, better ones will grow. So in His wisdom, He will prune. So that we will bear fruit. Much fruit. More fruit.

Let's hope God will give me wisdom to prune the mozzie plant so that it will survive. I need green thumbs. If it survives, it'll be the first plant that survives under my care. Heh. :P

No comments: