Friday, September 10, 2004

He has made me glad

Days have been up and down, but God is good. :) After many yrs of longing and occasional prayers (*confession* I haven't been faithful in prayer and my QT...) God has finally provided an accountability partner, Eve. He has given me many girlfriends which I'm so thankful for, such as Elise, Michelle, Siew Lin, Eve and Mei Yin. You see, prior to this, I've been in trouble countless times for having just guy friends and no girlfriends. This is a problem when u're insecure, and actions which are done by these guys are often misinterpreted as loving gestures and then I fall like mad. Not exactly proud of my track record, but proud of the fact that God has changed me alot. I am no longer one who is the hot topic for scandals and because of His faithfulness, He has blessed me with a loving husband and a wonderful daughter. :) Although sin has its consequences, but He counts us sinless because of what Jesus Christ has done for us. I am so glad for that! To bear the consequences of sin is one thing, but to have the face of God turn away from me is pure torture! What more when I turn my back on Him?

With this newfound precious gem of an accountability relationship which I've asked for many years, I am glad and honoured that I have this privilege. Romans 15, especially verses 1 & 2, states, "1We who are strong ought to bear with the failings of the weak and not to please ourselves. 2Each of us should please his neighbor for his good, to build him up." At times, one of us is strong while the other is weak, thus by God's grace, we are able to support each other in this challenging but rewarding journey. It takes open hearts to be able to be accountable to each other, and a close walk as well. It's agape love that allows this to take place too - when it's hard to tell another person that he or she needs to realign their lives in a closer walk with God.

I am also glad that Ben is enjoying his new job. I can see so many changes in him and really admire the way he has risen up. The work that God has done, and is doing in him, is marvellous. I can only say that I am underserving of such a man, yet by God's grace, Ben has been placed in my life for me to cherish and honour. :) Right now, Ben is enjoying his exercise regime, something which he has been wanting to do yet couldn't kickstart it. Although work is tiring and he works till late at nite, I can see that he is enjoying it thoroughly. And most of all, he is quick to get out of bed now! Hahah... for his baby and his work. It used to be a drag trying to get him out of bed, especially for work. Now I dun even hear his alarm and when I get up, he is already out of the house! Wow... :) God is good rite! Heh. :D

Abby is growing wonderfully and sometimes trying to get her on the routine is a challenge. So I've decided, the PDF routine will be used to enhance the quality of our lives, but not be a master to our lives. I almost wanted to eliminate the authors! I think I pass with flying colours on the theory, but when u hand me a live baby, I score zero on practicum. :p

She's sleeping soundly now, thus I can squeeze in some time to blog. Well, my life works in 1 1/2 hr intervals... so depending on which 1 1/2 hr u catch me, I could either be a holy cow (reading bible & praying while being milked), asleep, taking a bath or eating. That's it. I really pray that I can re-enter society come January 3, 2005. It's scary. Especially when everyone else in school has been in the momentum, while my momentum is way different from theirs.

A four month stint at being a fulltime homemaker (actually I dun make the home, just care for the baby) or baby caregiver has definitely changed my life from the fourth gear to the second gear. Talking about gears, the Mazda's alternator decided to self-combust because it was tired of living. It started emitting burnt smells, then the fourth gear died while Ben was on BKE on the way to a school in the west, then off the BKE the car went and so did the third gear. By the time Ben reached the school, it was moving on either 2nd or 1st gear, and when he stopped the car, the first gear heaved its last breath and passed out. Ben was saved from having to switch off the engine. Imagine what could have happened? Actually nothing.

So the vehicle paramedics came and whipped the Mazda away at a charge of $30 and Ah Kuang, the transport GP, diagnosed it as alternator failure and performed surgery on it. Subsequent medical warning was - "Don't start car for other people har. Their battery empty and your battery full, sure spoil your alternator one." Well. Yes Dr Ah Kuang, we'll definitely take care of our alternator from now onwards, sleep early, eat healthily and exercise regularly.

No comments: