Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Events

Ben's back from Jakarta - finally. still getting used to the 'wife-stays-at-home-while-hubby-flies-all-over-the-world' lifestyle. :S He came back around 10plus last nite, and we (Lina, Abby and I) waited at the airport for him. Saw Yean Loon, a fren from poly, but din say hi. He still looks the same, but 10 years older.

Dropped Ben off at Edgefield on the 20th September and then got lost around Punggol. Gosh. That place looks exactly like Seng Kang. Think they just photocopied the map/blueprint and then built the same stuff in 2 different estates. Went to aunt michelle's place for lunch - yum! :D Steak with potatoes and steamed veges. Spent the afternoon there catching up with her and looking at photos. I should spend more time with them b4 they fly off to sydney next year. This godma should do more for her godson... haven't been close with him, so he's very shy with me. :P

Went to mum's place around 7. For this overniter, I packed FOUR bags. One for me and 3 for Abby. And I used about 75% of the items I brought. Because of milking commitments, we ended up having dinner around 10. Ranz had a mini-tiff with Liz until he realised that he meant the world to her and that what he said mattered extremely alot to her. She had a terrible day at work and she wanted him to understand how she felt and just ooze in his arms. But that do-do was a perfect do-do. Told her that it didn't really matter, and that he could do anything, even if she told him every single detail that happened. Sigh. But thank God they had a great conversation after he realised what he had done and apologised to her. :) Still a gentleman nonetheless. ;)

Joy is a darling. She knows that Abby's out of reach... yet she's so excited seeing her! The whole nite at my mum's place (Ab n i were on my mum's bed while my mum took the lower mattress) Joy was pacing up and down wanting to see Abby, yet she knew she couldn't go on our bed. Normally she does. :) When I got up for the morning feed at 6, she kept peering at where Abby slept (Joy was on the floor looking up) while Abby was in my arms nursing. She's so cute. Whenever she's got the chance, she'll go sniff Abby's toes. :) Mum told me that when she tells Joy not to disturb Abby, she won't, as well as other instructions. :) Good girl! :D

So yesterday - 21 Sept 2004 - was the big day. Went to Family Court with my mum and ranz for the divorce proceedings. Waited quite a while and there were about as many couples wanting to divorce as there are wanting to get married at ROM, I suppose. When we entered the court, this executive-looking lady in sleeveless top exited. She had bruises on her arms and she looked happy. Guess she won or something. When we took our seat, we saw this man with a black eye. Wonder if they are related.

Alot of time passed before it was my parents' turn at the stand. Heard quite a number of cases... most of them married 6-7years, including 3-4 year separation! Effectively they're married for 2-3 years before filing for separation. But the events leading up to separation dussen happen overnite. So I guess they've had stormy marriages from the start? Usually they've got kids, and the kids are still v young. Very sad. Mum said that for those who wanna get married, they ought to come spend some time in the court before commiting themselves. How true. Either they think twice and get out or serious commit themselves to a 'NO DIVORCE' resolution.

After sitting for a really long time, I felt constipated. Thinking that it'll be a long time more (the last time my bro checked - there were 10 more cases before my parents' were heard) so i decided to go take a poop. Furthermore, when i left, another case just started. And they take a bloody long time. So I went. Before I left, my mum said, "When u go, it'll surely be our turn."

When I finished struggling on the white throne, which I think took about 10 mins, THEY WERE OUT. Not the poop, but my parents. It was all over. They were officially divorced. Not absolutely yet - that'll have to wait three months - but their case was heard and the judge passed it.

I missed another traumatising episode of my life while my brother had to witness it.

Throughout our lives, I've been shielded from these traumatic events - sub court seizing our possessions, dad attempting suicide, mum seriously pissed drunk and smeared with puke, dad being revived from his near death experience then calling out for the woman's name in cantonese while his real family looks on, and now this - while my brother who is seven years younger than me have witnessed all these. I think my bro shouldn't have to see all these. He's had enough for a life time. Not that I purposely 'siam' all these, but just tat I just don't get to be there when it happens.

Then I asked my bro, "Does your mind actually wander around places and linger in events while have happened a long time ago?"
"No. Why?"
"Oh."

I realised I may be a lil' different from others after taking an informal poll. I am still walking around my primary school, my secondary school, poly, uni, homes, etc whenever I am not actively thinking about anything. Yah. And it's always the same images. The video player has gone bonkers. It's looping non-stop.

Well. Just as well. Perhaps that's why I dun see all these.

No comments: