Saturday, June 26, 2004

So when?

I'm quite at a loss. Hmm. It feels like the time we miscalculated the number of tables for the wedding dinner, thus almost causing some embarrassment. Now I think it's happened again, although of a different nature.

My last menstrual period (LMP) was 29th October 2003. Cycle wasn't fantastically regular, has never been anyway. So when we went to see Freddy the first time, he bore in mind the irregular cycle and declared that the estimated date of delivery (EDD) is 20th August 2004.

When we went for the detailed scan at KKH, Dr John Tee, one of the tua-liaps, noted the EDD and made a change after the scan (dunno if he knew about the LMP). The revised EDD by Dr Tee was 13th August 2004.

Recently, I had a bugging feeling to recount my baby's weeks. People are saying that I'm BIG. Well. Today, using my beloved('s) 6230, I realised that my EDD is actually 4th August 2004! *Gasp!*

As u can see, according to Lilypie sophisticated calculator, my EDD is 5th August 2004. Dun really know how to use that.

So when? *ponder*


The maid's work permit application has been rejected. Sigh. When we came back, we thought my mummy-IL wanted to forego the maid from the tone of her voice. In the end, we realised she meant that we ought to spend the agency money to get the approval. Praise God. ;)

Had a very strange dream during my nap today. Too graphic. In summary, I need to face the challenge of feeding my baby esp the first time when she's going to be plonked in my arms. Or else I will have mutilated nipples. Argh. Yup. That graphic. Sick.

Did a spiritual gifts inventory during cell tonite - very interesting. Ben's Teaching (1st), Wisdom & Knowledge (2nd tie) and Exhortation (4th). Mine's Wisdom (1st), Administration (2nd), Teaching (3rd) and Knowledge (4th). Spoke about where we should use our spiritual gifts in service to Christ's body. Well, a revelatory insight. I've always struggled with service because my giftings weren't the usual ones needed in ministry - e.g. pastoral, leadership, hospitality, evangelism, etc. Boy I score really low in these areas!!! But after knowing that I could still use my giftings in service is really refreshing. I have been really afraid of being in ministry because of a perceived ill-fit. But praise God. :) Well, let's see what God has in store. :)

Not doing GE next semester. Got 6 modules to cope with - 3 AS, 1 Essential Module, 1 Curriculum Content (Singapore History!!!!) and 1 Curriculum Studies (Teaching SS in the Pri Sch Classroom). Pray that I will manage my time well and have understanding tutors.

Timetable is not out yet even though registration is over. This time round, I will have a valid reason for changing tutorial slots. For the past 4 semesters, I've never attempted changing classes as I've never found a valid reason to. In fact, I enjoyed going to school for a 1 or 2 hr session, coz it gets me out of the house and into an environment conducive for studying.

Received a call & an sms from someone in NIE yesterday. Din pick up the call. Ltr, the person said that the call was just to say hi & bye before plunging into school. Then, a strange question followed: The person asked if I knew who the valedictorian was.

Strange. I never knew anyone would even be interested in knowing who the valedictorian is. Or could it be this person found out something??? Hmm. Said not sure, and asked why. And the person just replied, Curious. Wow. That's curiosity man. Well, what I said wasn't a lie - coz i really dunno who the new valedictorian is going to be. And this person is really quite competitive. Sigh. I thank God I dun see much. Thus I dun get really affected. It's only upon some reflection that I realise the intended harm. Thank God for His protection.

Anyways, back to the pregnancy progress. My feet look like bread. And Watercourt Spa is quite disappointing. $120 for 90min massage. Used 2 $50 vouchers for 2 sessions - so paid $70 extra for each sesion - a wedding anniversary gift. Went for the first appt last fri, and the next one was supposed to be due on 15 July. Received a call from them today informing me tat i had an appt with them today, and if i was coming down. They mentioned they had a slot for me already and i shouldn't wait till 15 july. Too close to my due date. Also, they said something about Eve's appt - about not being able to use the $28 voucher after June (which she had already used the last session). After some crap, they asked for her no. I offered to contact her instead of giving them. Bet she'd severe ties with me... hehe... if i had given her no. She was still in school have mtgs so she couldn't go. I agreed to my appt and went alone, feeling rather cheated (I had a feeling that if they thought I liked the massage, I would sign up with their promotion which they tried to push the last time round). So I turned up there rather upset and said that the appt was supposed to be on 15 july instead of today. I din mind going down today, but the way they had put it made it look underhanded. Like, give us shiok shiok, want us to come back for more. So as i said that, the lady who contacted me, Julia, just replied curtly, saying, "If you cannot make it, u can always cancel the appointment. No need to come down today one." Wah lau eh. And she expects me to invest over a $1000 in the promotion. She can kiss the money goodbye with that tone. Sigh. Call me, tell me the appt today, dun even acknowledge that it's supposed to be on 15 July, give some crap reason for turning up today, when I turn up, be rude to me, and later even say she'll talk to me about her promotion. Pui.

Went for the session. When I came out. I drank my ginger tea standing deliberately. I knew if I sat down she'll turn into a sad vulture desiring my meat. After ending her phone call, she said saccharinely, "Hiyah, sit down lah... make urself comfortable while I shown u my promotion. *shudder*

Told her I was in a rush to pick my hubby and she still attempted to promote her package. Shut her up by giving her some excuse, "Oh my mudder got other recommendation liao." And she was silenced. She bidded farewell by reminding me that if I ever needed her services, to feel free to contact them. Like ever.

No comments: