Thursday, April 08, 2004

Yay. Thank God it's Good Friday tomorrow. I'm left with 2 more observations - I just completed 3 of them with the same CT without any feedback!!! Argh. And he liked today's lesson. Amazing. coz I felt today was a huge screw up... hm. He's got odd taste.

Usu I look fwd to thurs nites alone - esp during the practicum... coz i've got 5 periods straight after recess, so by the time I am released from the classroom, I'm zombified. But tonite due to some hiccups, the boys didn't get to meet... coz it'd end too late. So ben's back, and he's reorganising his fish tank. Eeks.

Right now Ben & I are attending this course held every tuesday nites. It's by Growing Families International. We missed the first session coz I was sick, but boy are we glad we went for the 2nd one. Paid abit for it, but it's really really very very good. Can u imagine, the newborn asleep for 7-8 hrs straight through the nite by the 3rd week of life? And to think I almost subscribed to Demand Feeding - which is based on the Attachment Theory. Anywayz, I see some families around us totally exhausted, and it really makes child rearing very unappeal. Thus, when we sat through the 2nd session, we're like, "Wow, this is amazing." The book's good, and although the 2nd session is all philosophy and theories, both of us could really relate and comprehend what was going on. And guess what - our trainer has got 5 kids - oldest is 10 and the sixth one on the way. Mum is FT homemaker cum trainer cum homeschooler. Yup, the kids are homeschooled. And it's amazing - what they and the helpers shared. They've got satisfied, contented and well-adjusted kids.

This book, entitled Along the Infant Way, I believe is the overseas version. What we're doing is Preparation for Parenting - for kids 0-2yrs old. The title ain't appealing but the contents' amazing. Wish i could find more sites. :)

Okie, this site is better. Can't seem to find the one that I went to register for the course. Nvm, will find it somehow.

No comments: