Saturday, April 24, 2004

My heart is tremendously burdened. Seeing the way things have gone from bad to good to not so good, I pray that God will grant us wisdom to do what is right. What is love? Total acceptance? Say, I have gotta love, so I've gotta embrace my father's mistress? Would that be love? Knowing that this type of 'love' actually condones my father's behaviour? I respect my mother for being able to separate the individual from the sinful behaviour, and accept my father as a brother-in-Christ. All this by the grace of God.

Today, Ben & I picked up a book, called "Our Jealous God" by Bill Gothard.



Then I got reminded - our God is indeed a jealous God. On the cover, it is also written,"Love that Won't Let Me Go". On one hand, we may interpret it as a feel-good thing. When we sing hymns, we feel good. When we are in a church building, we feel good. When we pray, we feel good. But God is more than that. Well, if He's so concerned about us feeling good, Jesus wouldn't have died that horrible death on the cross, and christians all over the world would not have to be put to death every single day. It really pays to be a Christian - we receive "free persecution". In all my heart, I know that God cares more about our condition than our emotions.

Love is tough. Even if it puts the friendship on the line. I know that if we say we love, but it's not just a 'feel-good' session. More often than not, it takes even more courage to put ourselves on the line to tell the truth. Maybe the reason why our acquaintances will remain forever as acquaintances is because they will always sit on the fence about their opinions about us. *Sigh* Then we have those friends who tread cautiously within our 'inner circle', whatever it's called, to risk being banished as 'mindlessly insensitive people'. It's not about being holy anymore. It's called 'rare'.

Well, it's only human to err, but divine to appreciate a raw touch of love. *Ouch* There are times when we are faced with the hard truth, and what is our response towards it? I have been slapped with it many times, and I thank God I have been, for it is out of love that the slap has been delivered. With the friendship at stake. I am better now - for I was sooOOooOOOoo blind, but now I see. Praise God. Heh. ;)

This is an interesting article. Skimmed through it.

No comments: