Sunday, April 11, 2004

Just heard. NIE may expel a few trainees for plagiarism. Sigh.

Yesterday was a great day. We went Ikea in the morning, had a great breakfast, shopped and watched ikea's budget entertainment. A 3-person percussion group using instruments from ikea - pots and pans and bins and such. Heh. Then had ice-cream. Then picked Ben's friends up, went to Botanic Gardens. Ate Laksa *sinful!* at Cafe Le Amis. Waited for SL and Del to arrive with Josh! :) He's so cute! Walked around the park. Got bitten by mozzies and we went Marriot for dinner. Met Raslyn at Tangs - ol' poly friend. :) Still looks good. For dinner, Law had 50% staff discount. Had a great dinner there. :) SL's a great mummy. Am amazed. 8) After dinner, went Isetan shopping and Lido.

We watched The Passion. A lot of things were going through my mind as I watched it. The price that has been paid for me by the Lord Jesus Christ. He did it because He chose to. He did it because only He was worthy to. All other sacrifices to God would only be temporary, but for Jesus, He is sinless, so God sacrificed His own son to die on the cross so that we will be reunited to God. For we can only go to the Father through Jesus.

Eternal life. What is it? John 17:3 "Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent." That they may know you. Most of us know God in our heads, or rather, know about, but do I bother to know God intimately? The truth is, the price has been paid. The life of Jesus was worth 30 pieces of silver to Judas, but our lives are worth the blood of Jesus Christ. I still cannot believe it. I know my life has been changed. Not by the film - but by the re-realisation of what Jesus has done for me on the cross and the fact that He conquered death for us. It's not just about peace and goodwill. In fact, I have just realised it is not how we define Christianity - a buffet for us to pick and choose what we like and what we prefer not to have? But it's how Jesus defines it for us.

The journey is hard. To bring friends and loved ones to know Christ. It's gotta do with my pride. My face. My fear of rejection. But the journey to Mount Calvary is a million times harder. Public humiliation. Numbing pain. Going against whatever the flesh screams to obey the will of God. Not mine, but Your will be done.

I cried and cried and cried. At the realisation that - knowing Jesus had ALL the power in the world to just send an earthquake/storm/plaque or whatever he wished - so that the torture could be stopped in an instant, He didn't. He held on. He never cried innocence although He was. He just went through for us. He could have commanded angels to slap all the Pharisees and Sadaucees and the crazies. For his own comfort. But he didn't. He went through the whole ordeal because He was called to, and because He chose to. That, I cannot understand. I am only beginning to see the tip of the tip of the iceberg - that God is love.

My life has changed. I know it has. Previously I have lived with constant condemnation because of sin and stronghold. But I know I have been bought with a price, and my future is secure. My past is behind me, and the evil one has no right to use it against me, because his future is sealed.

And one thing. God is tearing down compartments in my life. Secular and spiritual ain't divided. I don't know what's in store, but I'm not worried. Because I know that God is love.

I know what I want. I know what I really want.
1. Read the bible with discipline.
2. Get involved in ministry.
3. Be a good wife, mother and worker.
4. Eat well, sleep well and exercise well.
5. Be organised and disciplined.


Oh. & I thank God for all my babes. Was just telling Ben that God is amazing. A person without any female friends to being blessed with beautiful ladies who are the gems that beautify my bah-sek life. :) Heheh. Wat will I do without u gals?

No comments: