Monday, April 05, 2004

Missed church yesterday. Today got observation(s). last nite din sleep well coz joy was confined to the walk-in coz she pissed all over the toilet instead of the newspaper so she was yelping and trying her best to open the sliding door. How I wished she managed to open it so we all could get some rest. I'm one of those who dun bother to make my environment better when i sleep, just try to adapt. But last nite was really trying. :(

Gotta plan my Science and English lessons today for observation. Not really motivated to do so. As long as it's not pure teacher talk I'm happy liao. Sigh. It's quite demoralising to know that however good or bad u do, you'll still get a B. Apparently there was this ex-trainee under my professor who always wore spaghetti straps and platforms, never did a proper lesson plan throughout her time here (at Tem) except once for observation but was 'enrichment' - nothing according to the MOE syllabus or textbooks and YET SHE STILL PASSED. Damn. Sigh. Also, i heard that as long as u attend my prof's class (attendance only), he allegedly said that u're guaranteed a C already. How to be motivated? He won't be able to recoganise an A if it slapped him across the face. Anyway, if he gave As, then he'd have to arrange for a mod to come in, which means EXTRA WORK. So no failures, no distinctions, his work is easy. Pui.

Have been thinking abt the x-over - if i'm offered - i'd take a semester's deferment then start in January. :) If not, I'll take watever maternity leave duration is offered then start next year. Only difference - I get paid for the 2nd choice. For the first choice - it'll be 2 1/2 yrs of NO PAY. And dunno how long (after the pay increment for the degree) will i recover the loss made during the 2 1/2 yrs of no pay. On top of the stipend and whatever hard work i may put in, a.k.a. additional income.

Went Botanic Gardens yesterday for breakfast and tea. Gosh, the beef burger there is heavenly! :) There was this darn noisy dog there, owners really bo-chup - until this ang moh guy from another table had to yell to get the dog to shut up. Booming bark. After breakfast, we went to Borders, bought lotsa periodicals, and Ben saw men trying their best to look at nearly naked women in FHM and the other 'techno' mags. :p Sigh. With women like that, the real ones are going to have a tough time. Heh. Just suddenly had a strange thought - i wouldn't be surprised if some of these GORGEOUS models in magz were actually men!!! :) Hahahhaah. :P

Bought many pregnancy magazines and the fabulous book - The Surrendered Wife. Read a copy of it from the National Library some time back and it really reduced ALOT of potential conflicts with Ben. I swear by it. Wanted to get a copy of it, that's why we went Borders. Went to the info counter, apparently they only brought in ONE copy. And I HAVE IT NOW... Hahhaah... Praise the Lord. It's a woman's secret weapon. ;)

Okie. Gotta start work. Lessons start in 2 hours time. And I have no marking. Heheh... I'm surprised also,... haven't had much marking unlike the last practicum and during contract teaching. Think I brought 1 stack back to mark once this time round. Other than that, I thank God it has been manageable - I dun think I can manage the stress of marking with my darling playing soccer in my tum tum. :) Baby was kicking all over when we were at Mothercare yesterday! :) Think bb wants the bag that daddy likes. :) I'm in heaven. :)

No comments: