Saturday, August 09, 2003

HAPPY NATIONAL DAY, SINGAPORE!

I'm finally making good use of my loooooong breaks... napping lesser (we figured it uses less petrol if i drive back home than i nap in the car...) Have been feeling dizzy after the nap... wonder if it's the carbon monoxide... die...

Bought 6 guppies... 1 $8 fish died... now they've finally got a pump... I'm so happy for them... swimming so happily ... :) the guppies tails' are very very nice... they look like those spanish dancers... :)

Today's National Day... yay... somehow as we went for breakfast this morning, many people were in red! :) It's so beautiful... like finally people are sitting up and realising the importance of a united nation (erhm... not the UN) instead of taking everything for granted and minding their own business.

God has indeed blessed this nation... and unless we turn to him and cry out, judgement will be near... God longs to forgive His people and draw near to them, but firstly, His people must be repentant and desire to draw near to Him.

Had an odd day yesterday... drove to school and walked the wrong way... blur as usual... then 2 tut mates called my name and i looked up. They asked me where i was going, and i said, "Huh, to class lor..." Then they asked, "why u walking this way? the class room is over the other side!" And I had just come from the other side... shhessh...

then as we were walking, one of them exclaimed, "Eh! Why u always so 'on' one uh? So 'on the dot'! In class u say something, we are all like 'huh... what's she saying... wah u really uh... eh,... now got rumours going around saying that you spoil market leh..." I turned around and told her, "Yah,... and I'm losing my friends." Immediately, the other replied, "wah! They so immature, forget it lah!" The first one was stunned. And I continued to explain briefly, "This is my second chance. I blew my poly and uni with poor grades." So,... I'm one of those market spoilers... sigh... too bad. I'm quite sick and tired of crawling in the mud... if I can fly, I sure want to. No point simply existing when I can soar... but then again, for areas which i suck in, like learning financial planning, i siam like mad and let the expert do the job, namely Ben. :D

Interestingly enough, when i was at the library in the afternoon, i was sitting near a grp of girls who were kaopehing about a certain member which i've mentioned in my earlier posting. One of them... apparently this person told another (in the group) that the latter had changed. The latter was offended - so was the group. They seemed quite pissed with this person, and were saying things that soothed themselves (in retaliation to her comments... as if she were there). Then i realised... everyone is imperfect, and i may not have been the total cause of this person's indifference towards me. Which reminds me, attended a class and she said that i always wore branded stuff... huh? coz i was wearing my Banyan Tree sleeveless polo tee at that time. Her tone was joking, yet heavy-ladened... and the other girl who was sitting next to me, eyeing me up and down, said, "Huh? Banyan Tree? Never hear this brand before. LV got lar..." =P

Last but not least, when one of the ones i'd 'offended' didn't turn up for school, the rest of the tut group allowed me to join in to sit together with them. Wah... but through that i've just seen how lame all these issues are... but then again, it's all part and parcel of life. But still, it's lame.

Sigh... After this week, I've learnt some stuff. What Elise said is so true... the people whom i've been mixing around with for a large part of my life haven't been able to accept me for who i am, which is why Ben, Elise & Mich and all so dear to me... It takes quite a bit to accept me,... ben did mention that i seem competitive at times even when there's no need to (with him, like taking sermon notes... i was like, huh?) and he said, "if even i feel this way, which is pretty nonsensical, perhaps others may feel it too, and take it seriously..." which really made sense to me... irony of it is, i hate competition.

But praise the Lord, He's leading me and moulding me, sharpening me with my angels around me. :)

Have been bleeding the past two days, using the douche... ob sent biopsy to australia. results back in a months' time. he thinks there may be a virus... the last check up, there was a white spot. the 2nd check up, a black spot. I'm beginning to feel like a spotted insect... butterfly? Hope the bleeding's the onstart of my cycle.

Yay... payday's coming... soon. :)

No comments: