Sunday, November 19, 2006

Super Hectic Saturday


Mum graduated from AGBC today with Bachelor in Theology. Phew. And she did it in CHINESE. It was a great moment, and even my granny said that she was very happy for my mother. Usually the older folks don't like to praise or affirm openly. So the message was relayed instead. Likewise, my uncle was so excited for my mum that he said he wanted to be at the venue at 11am. The ceremony only started at 1pm. Asked him why he wanted to be there so early, and he replied with so much joy and pride, patting his chest, "My sister!" It was sooo cool. Everything was really joyful, with a couple of exceptions that dampened the weather abit with whinings here and there.

The kids had to miss the afternoon event, coz they had to be well rested for my granny's 70th big bash in the evening at The China Club! The view was so gorgeous from above. And the children behaved well too! :)



I love these two photos. Shalom was really enjoying himself and the two grandmas - Ah Mah and Mama! :) Two of my relatives actually spent half the dinner figuring out whether this baby was a boy or a girl. Hahah... poor folks. In such mental agony.

Shalom was happily eating off the table - the longevity bun and some other breads while Abby was at the kids' table. She sat very well throughout the whole dinner! Very very unlike the other evening when I took her to AGBC's Annual Banquet.

She was such a handful I was very overwhelmed. Coz she aborted her nap midway in the afternoon. Argh. So today - no afternoon event coz I didn't want to have a headache at the birthday dinner.


See our happy (but tired) faces? We haven't been able to focus on meals for a long time until now. That's the secret to weight loss actually. Kids.

No comments: