Tuesday, November 28, 2006

The final stop

It's my last paper tomorrow. In fact my only exam for this semester. And I am not prepared for it. Lecturer says 'no need to study' because he does not want us to regurgitate facts, so it's application? 2 questions, 1 discussion type, 1 lesson plan in response to a particular context. I really pray that I'll do well for this paper. Things have been challenging at home since the old maid's gone. Shalom's still not too well - feverish at times, and MIL is at full throttle - at Lina's neck. SIL's daughter is over with the maid also - who is pretty terrified of MIL's ways. Abby's not doing very well today - runny nose started and ultra clingy. I tried to study today but didn't really succeed. The on-going commotion downstairs is not really conducive although everyone's been really thoughtful, knowing that I've got a paper at 9 tomorrow.

Normally Lina will take Shalom downstairs around 7.30am so I can get a bit of decent rest - but since the old maid's gone she's really bearing the brunt of the extra load. Dodo me didn't realise this until I asked her to take Shalom down early tomorrow coz I'd be leaving the house early. Then I could feel her holding her breath and almost tearing. Already the morning duties are a challenge with Siti around - now it's even worse. Seems she keeps asking when the new maid will arrive, as well as when we're moving.

Next week will most likely be our final week here at Hotel Robey, after which we'll be moving over to the new place. Packing's underway now and we've got 13 boxes of BOOKS. We haven't started packing anything else yet, and there are still some more books actually. We've run out of boxes, so packing's halted for the moment. Hopefully we'll be able to get some more soon. :)

No comments: