Thursday, November 02, 2006

Any other point in my life is better than now. Except 1997.

Is it really post-natal depression? But I gave birth such a long time ago. Anyhow it's been tough keeping things up. Maybe it's just a sore lack of sleep. Lately it's been a challenge keeping my spirits up and holding my hands to myself so that I don't smack people across the face for saying stupid things that even a two-year-old wouldn't say. Oh well. Perhaps they aren't even 2 year olds.

I am so looking forward to better days. I don't want to go into details here, because my doors aren't that open anymore. It's time to take stock.

I think it's hormonal. Otherwise it's really a lack of sleep. I am so tired. I have so many deadlines. I have a screaming pre-schooler and a baby who's sick. I have people judging me based on what I'm writing at this point in time. I have people giving me dirty looks while reading this post. Oh well. Dirty looks come from a dirty perspective. Otherwise, where else could it originate from?

I need sleep. Otherwise, I just need a lot of chocolate.

2 comments:

M said...

I think definitely sleep deprivation over an extended period of 3 yrs :P .
Heck, I stopped my recreational dance classes cos I kept YAWNING. If I weren't on my feet, I would have dozed off. You have it tougher- full studies (NOT recreational! with "Homework"!) and so on.

Audrey said...

Thanks for the comfort. :) My only wish now is to sleep (preferably 8 undisturbed hours) without having to worry about anything - even breastfeeding.