Monday, June 13, 2005

Back from the camp!

Gosh. It's been a wonderful trip. There's really too much to blog here, though I wish I could. But suffice to say, it's been life-changing. I'm glad I went. God has really been faithful. He showed me where I 'was' and where He wants me to be. Not in the material sense as we know it, but according to His perspective. Indeed,

"Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face
And the things of the world
Will grow strangely dim,
In the light of His glory and grace."

Willing vessel + Holy Spirit Anointing + God's Light in His Consuming Fire = God's everlasting burning bush (think Moses)

The weight of His presence is real. I am truly humbled in His presence. He definitely is THE Almighty. We think we've got it together, but in His eyes, our apparently significant successes may not be worth much after all.

After a touch from God, I truly understand the meaning: 'this life is not mine'. As He impresses HIs affirmation, purpose and vision in my life, all the pain I experience just melts away. Because I know even people forsake me, I know my Lord will receive me. (Ps 27:10) For the first time in my life, I actually truly felt the intensity when my heart cried out, "God, how am I supposed to live without You?" I thought I knew, but now I know I knew so little.

I just pray that God will transform my life permanently and let it bear good fruits, and move beyond just a feel-good experience. A changed life is what I'm after - not just a rah-rah time and then life resumes. My life is changed. And I praise God for that.

1 comment:

Audrey said...

Wow vince, you've been most encouraging! Our God is really wonderful. Mightily majestic and absolutely awesome! We serve a great God! :D