Saturday, September 16, 2006

Once again, my life has been spared

Haven't been to school the past few days coz I was ill, but had to go for at least the Maths session today coz... it's maths lah. So, I drove to school in lousy weather. It was raining so I took it easy. Usually I tend to go a little faster and sometimes I have to pump at the same time. But. Today I was a safe driver. No pumps, under the speed limit.

I was on PIE towards Jurong approaching the Clementi Road exit when I realised that the cars on my left were travelling faster. My lane had cars slowing down to filter right to Clementi Road exit, so I wanted to change lanes. However, there was this fella in the blind spot on my left who refused to let me change even though I signalled, so I just remained in my lane. Then I saw something in front. There was this cab facing an odd direction, then it disappeared. As I approached, the cab in front of my slowed down and the next thing I knew, the car had skidded and spun and I was about 120 degrees clockwise from my original orientation! I missed the divider by a few inches. I looked out the drivers window and saw oncoming cars filtering away from my lane. I was stunned, switched on hazard lights and couldn't really decide what to do. Things were happening too quickly. Later it hit me that I didn't hit the divider and drove off shouting "THANK YOU JESUS!" As I started to drive off, I saw one lorry and one cab driver getting out of their vehicles coz they too had spun and hit the railing at other side of the road. Behind me, in my rear view mirror, another cab also spun. It was scary. I almost died. Thank God for His protection, the car didn't spin too wildly. Praise the Lord!

2 comments:

M said...

yikes! glad u're fine!

btw r u getting abby a wetsuit or a thermal wetsuit? I got A a normal wetsuit but i dun think it helps much. I recall Marsden's thermal wetsuits were really gd (but they r abt $80 I think!).

Anonymous said...

Oh crap! So glad you're ok! Take care!

biatch