Monday, September 25, 2006

Climbing out of the Pit

Praise the Lord. The children are recovering. Abby's way better and Shalom doesn't wheeze as much. We're returning to the pd for a check up today to note their progress. I'm still on antibiotics, which I conveniently forgot about for the whole of yesterday. :(

It's term break, and I finally managed to draft a schedule. Ben & I had a great weekend. We took time out for a date and a movie (free, compliments from our insurance advisor Jenny who's a GREAT(!) consultant :D). We watched Singapore Dreaming which is probably finishing this weekend. I'm so proud of that movie. I'm supposed to tell 10 people about it. So I think I have. :D It's about a Singaporean family, and the storyline is so familiar. Moral of the story, loosely translated from the China woman in the show, "You singaporeans give up your dreams to do something you do not like, while we Chinese do the things we don't like to realise the dreams we have." She was a beer lady who later billed CK (Lim Yu Beng) $100 for the advice she dished out. Wah. More expensive than counsellor. But damn effective. I like humanoidinterface's personal reflection of the movie. Ben thinks the bro-sis duo in the film is dysfunctional because of attachment disorders. I think the movie can be read at so many levels. It hits too close to home. And it's a typical Singaporean family. What struck me also was the way the mother (Alice) gave part of her late husband's winnings to his undisclosed 'other family'. But what was unreal was the way that woman wore the same pair of earrings to the the dead man's wake. Erhm... we don't usually dress up or even put on make up to Chinese wakes. So... maybe she wore the earrings for sentimental reasons. (The patriach gave the same pair of earrings to his wife when he won the $2million toto jackpot, so the earrings were used as a giveaway indication to reveal the status of 'the other woman' at the wake. But anywayz...

We had a very stress-free weekend. Came home after lunch (although I was in a terribly foul mood for the strangest reasons which I am still clueless about) and we finally wrote down goals for the next 3 months. It's really quite exciting! Heh, and we got up at 6am this morning for our morning run! I felt like puking though. The whiffs of doo poo kept hitting me in the face, and my mental stamina is close to zero. And, who said Singapore does not have homeless people? We ran past this old man who was sleeping on the park bench. What can we do? Any suggestions to help him? :)

I hope Ben's recommendation to help me overcome several management problems will break my barriers. Right now I need the breakthrough badly. Otherwise I might slip right back into the pit again.

1 comment:

Lupin Tan said...

Thank God the kiddos are recovering.
I see Shalom wheezing, I heart pain also. So poor thing.