Thursday, June 01, 2006

Breastfeeding

I was on my way out today, out for some fresh air, some time alone. As I walked into the room where Abby was asleep, I felt her forehead. It was cool. She arose from her sleep and greeted me. I was just so glad that she's recovering well. We started playing with her soft toys. Then she took the Care Bear and started playing with it. She paused for a brief moment, stretched open the collar of her t-shirt and peered into it. She then lowered the collar and brought the bear close to her. She wanted to breastfeed the bear! I showed her that it was easier feeding the bear from below her t-shirt (than from her collar) and she held the bear close to her like how I normal held Shalom.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

She even gave a wide smile - I only saw the thumbs up when I uploaded the photo!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

She also bent over to give the bear a kiss. :)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I didn't have to go out after that. I was feeling significantly much better already. :)

1 comment:

M said...

That's a beautiful smile! Athena down with slight fever last night too, but seems ok today. Yeah, sick tods/ bbs are quite tiring to take care of- they don't sleep well and need to be monitored constantly.