Saturday, June 10, 2006

Looking Around

Have been 'shopping' for Abby's playgroup. Now she's 22months old, time to go playgroup and meet new friends. Supposed to enrol when she turned 18months, but with the HFMD scare and all, not too keen. Also, we couldn't decide whether to put her in the east near our new place or at north east near her grandparents. But now it's a clearer picture.

Have been scouting around the estate near our current place coz it makes more sense for my in-laws to take care of Abby and Shalom - pick her up etc rather than let our helper do it. Also, bearing in mind when we move out, the oldies will feel very empty, esp when my FIL is retired. Scary thought. So it all works out. Primarily, our reason for moving out is to improve relationships. Thank God even prior to moving out, the relationships in the family have been significantly improving. Thank God for that. Even during post-natal. It's really amazing.

Anyway, found a playgroup (but haven't finalised yet) which I was quite comfortable with. Ben and Abby will most likely go there on monday (Ben's off day! Yay!) to take a look-see. Let's see how things go. :)

Both Shalom and Abby have been recovering, but Shalom has still been coughing vigourously. Heartpain to see him cough so hard. Small lil' fella with tons of strength. That cheeky lil' one is so cute! Granny supposed to feed him medicine - taste is too strong for his liking, but instead of struggling, he keeps smiling at granny while refusing to drink! :D hehe... so cute!
Abby's been pretty attached to me, think it's because she's been seeing Shalom co-sleeping with us. Now she also wants to join us in bed, even in the middle of the night. Tiring to sleep between an infant and a toddler. CANNOT MOVE MUCH. CONFINED. Argh. But i feel loved. :)

We moved Abby's room around, now it's got a new layout. We did so primarily because we got an Ikea set for the kids, from Y! Auctions. :) Our shopping paradise. :)

Oh, I got my results. Thank God NO Cs!! :D I really couldn't concentrate this semester because of the birth of Shalom. It was really very difficult to concentrate. I even refused to study for my exams. No mood. No discipline. Projects and assignments were done last minute. Very terrible. But next semester will be different. I can finally focus on my studies, knowing that the two kids are in good hands. :)All definitely by God's grace.

Now reading Donna Smallin's Organizing Plain and Simple. Very good book, effective solutions for everyday problems and for procrastinators like me. :P I really hope to straighten my study area out and have it look efficient and peaceful at the same time. Too much clutter. Too distracting. Half the time my mind is thinking about how to straighten my stuff out. I want to get it done. I've already completed straightening out the children's toys, books and games. Now I will do my area. :) I can do it! :D

Oh. Tomorrow (or rather, later) brother will be having a Singapore Idol preview at Junction 8, 4pm. :)

No comments: