Tuesday, April 18, 2006

A Sweet Day

I've been rushing an assignment that was due last wednesday. Finally, it's done and emailed to my lecturer. But today, during one of my breaks, I got my darling girl to come upstairs and play with mummy. Before that, MIL took her to the doc coz of an eye infection, and I had to drip the eyedrops for her. So I explained to her the procedure. "Remember you went to the doctor just now? This (the bottle of eyedrop) is for your eyes. Where are your eyes? (Points to her eyes.) Mummy needs you to lie down and mummy will drip this first into your right eye, then into your left eye." Abby then lay on my lap and I dripped the first drop into her right eye. She squirmed a little, got up and then lay down again! Then I dripped the second drop and all was done! :D We were so impressed by her! :D

Later in the evening, when it was near bedtime, we had quite a fun time playing. She stacked her pails up, and silently asking us for permission by looking at Ben, she knocked the tower down and squealed in delight! :D Also, she's got a shape sorter which she's been playing for quite a while - after she took out all the pieces, she decided the easiest way to play with the toy is to put it back the way she took it out. So clever. :) She knows her shape sorting, I think she just didn't want to go through the hassle then! :)

Before she slipped into lalaland, we were lying down together and she was sucking her thumb. Then she put her arms around my neck, looked straight into my eyes and gave me a lovely kiss. She smiled sweetly, popped her thumb back and promptly went to sleep... *heart melt*

No comments: