Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Our Clever Girl

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usI know I've been raving about her, but I just can't help it! :D Maybe sub/consciously I'm trying to make up time with her because she's not the only kid now, but I think I ought to indulge in that! :)

Anyway I received my e-bulletin from Babycenter, and this one is regarding milestones for 19-24 month old toddlers. And I am so proud of her! :)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

At 20 months 2 weeks 2 days, Abby:
*can use a spoon and fork
*can run
*can throw a ball underhand
*half of her speech is recognisable
*can recognise when something is wrong (she does it intentionally and giggles after that!)
*can wash and dry hands and brush teeth with help
*can point to picture of animals when I say the word
*will pretend to feed a doll (and check for poo as well and drip eye drops)
*will throw dirty diapers and other trash into trashbin (even at other people's place)
*learns many words a day (not sure at a rate of how many)
*can walk up the stairs unassisted (but down assisted with handle)
*can search for hidden objects (and asks loudly, "WHERE?" while searching)
*can name several body parts (many I think)
*enjoys helping around the house
*can set simple goals (like switch around "If you're happy and you know it" with "How much is that doggie" INTENTIONALLY!)
*can stack pails (those small to big ones) unassisted and knock all 10 of them down
*can name many animals when shown picture
*can make short sentences (Mummy eat, Daddy eat, Ah Ma eat, Ye Ye eat, Che Che eat, two books, daddy car, mummy shoe, one two twee star!, Didi cry, read book)
*can do simple puzzles
*has moved on to big bed (to make way for Shalom!)
*can make a tower of 10 pails
*can identify the whole picture book! (it wasn't her book, and did it the first time she saw her uncle ryan's book!)
*can use more than 180 single words
*can sing simple tunes (Chinese nursery rhymes though - the pulling carrot song and Ni Wawa)
*can play with other kids
*asks why when Shalom cries (but I don't think she's looking for a reason though I do provide one)
*can name at least six body parts on a doll
*understands WAIT. :D

Also, I just completed the wordlist for the NUS research study, and she has a vocabulary of more than 180 words! :) (and that's only according to the wordlist they gave which we need to tick if she can understand and say, and I realised there are some other words she can understand and say but are not listed.)

I'm thrilled. And I just thank God for the many angels He has placed in my life who are alive everyday. =D

No comments: