Thursday, April 20, 2006

Counting My Blessings...

In another season of a deep dark period of my life, I praise God that He has kept my eyes looking up and staring at the Son. He has also provided many blessings and is training me not to focus on my surroundings as I literally walk through the valley of the shadow of death. A wise teacher once said, "As we walk through the valley of the shadow of death, we need not fear because if there's a shadow, that means God is near because He is Light." I praise God for the loved ones who have been very concerned and checking up on me once in a while to make sure I'm alright. Thank you. You know who you are. :)

I know I do not have to fear, for He is here to keep me safe from harm. Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus, just to take Him at His word. Just to rest upon His promise. Just to know, 'Thus saith the Lord'.

I've learnt to love my family in a new way. I used to be (and still is) pretty strict with my brother. But his near death has brought on a new perspective: Now I know what my mother really means when she says, "You've only got one brother." I almost lost him. Likewise, within the same week, I also could have almost lost my mother. When the doctor removed the lump, it was 2.5cm - during the examination before the operation, it was 2cm. It grew 0.5cm within 2-3months. If between 3-5cm, it's becomes cancerous. More than 5cm and it's considered advanced. By God's grace everything is under control. All glory to His name!

From Isa 51:12-16...
12"I, even I, am the one who comforts you. So why are you afraid of mere humans, who wither like the grass and disappear? 13Yet you have forgotten the LORD, your Creator, the one who put the stars in the sky and established the earth. Will you remain in constant dread of human oppression? Will you continue to fear the anger of your enemies from morning till night? 14Soon all you captives will be released! Imprisonment, starvation, and death will not be your fate! 15For I am the LORD your God, who stirs up the sea, causing its waves to roar. My name is the LORD Almighty. 16And I have put my words in your mouth and hidden you safely within my hand. I set all the stars in space and established the earth. I am the one who says to Israel, `You are mine!' "

No comments: