Thursday, February 02, 2006

Anxious

Eccl 11:4 (NLT)
If you wait for perfect conditions, you will never get anything done."

Somehow the New Living Translation is so different from the NIV version. It's way more literal (I know some people may be violently against it and say it's diluted, best to read KJV etc... or even in its original language) but I learn from it anyway.

Anywayz...

That's a verse I have on my electronic Post-It, or rather, Stickies, I have on my desktop, to remind me NOT to procrastinate. I have plenty of deadlines coming up, and have a strong tendency to procrastinate. Yet, time is really not on my side this time round. Because of Baby2. So I really need to redo my schedule and clear as much work as possible IF I DO STICK TO MY PLANNING.

Quite depressing. But Isaiah 41:13 (NIV) says,
"For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you."

Yes. I believe so. I trust that by the end of this mini-race, I will be able to testify of God's faithfulness. Meanwhile, I need to deal with my procrastination*.

I have the whole night to myself. Abby's gone with her grandparents to some river festival and will be back late. Ben's on course in NIE tonight, so won't be back early either. I've got my CCL403 draft to complete AS WELL AS my CAE436 (Written Discourse in the Classroom - extremely demanding) tutorial to prepare for tomorrow. Two tasks to complete.

I survived today. 8.30am to 3.30pm, without a (formal) break. Bless my tutor (Dr Benny Lee), he let us off early, so I had about 40 mins, which i used to catch up on my reading. Thank God my 3.30pm CAE436 tutorial was cancelled today coz 2 other girls couldn't make it (there were only 3 of us - it was a replacement tut). I hadn't prepared for that tut and wouldn't have survived a ONE ON ONE with my tutor. :S *nightmare*

Well, off to work I go!

*Note: Whenever I update my blog very often, I'm actually procrastinating...:P

No comments: