Monday, February 20, 2006

Surprising Sunday

I met Sunday with fear and trepidation. Well, my helper requested for the Sunday off. Not such a big deal, except that Ben had his MCYS Family Fun day that same day at the zoo, which meant that I was essentially left to take care of Abby by myself. :P If I weren't pregnant, it would be fine. But when I look and feel like a whale, it's another matter altogether! So we asked my helper if she could postpone her off day instead... but... it was supposed to be some huge event for her also - coz it's my MIL's helper's post birthday celebration, so the whole Indonesian domestic helping community was invited! Well, looking at the amount of food they prepared pot-luck style, it must have been Singapore's community as well as Malaysia's!

My MIL kindly offered to take care of Abby after she realised what a big event it was, thus relieving my helper for the day - may she ever be grateful to my MIL and start being nice to her for a change... permanently nice, that is.

Thank God my elder SIL invited Abby for a swim at the Kingfisher club in Seletar camp. Abby was walking in water for the first time! I was being charred in the sun because I wasn't really fully immersed in water while MIL who initially thought I wasn't going rested in the shade... better lah. Otherwise two people will need to change their foundation colour - she and me. :P Glad everyone enjoyed themselves. Even Abby, who was walking in water, fell in twice and immediately rescued didn't cry and just continued walking! :D Brave girl! :) Oh, we wore similar bathing suits! :D See the whale and the little dolphin! :D Mine was a present from aunt michelle while Abby's was spotted in one of the shops in Sydney. Had to buy - too cute to miss! :D

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Meet elder sister and younger brother (@ 36 weeks)... :)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

After the swim, we had lunch (thanks Carole!) and Abby took a nap. I fell asleep while jagaing her. Woke up and she played with bubbles after having some CNY tidbits. She really had a whale of a time! :D

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Waited for Ben to come home after we reached home and had dinner at Pow Sing Restaurant... We ordered a lot of food and finished them all! :D Even Abby liked the food there! :D She devoured her dinner very quickly, insisted to eat by herself and didn't really want to be fed! :) I really enjoyed yesterday... :) It turned out well! :)

2 comments:

M said...

The swimsuits are tooo cute! U look great with only 1 mth to go lah.

BTW I found that Kidsmall IMM T:6563 7677 (only this outlet!) sells Avent milkbags, they are replenishing their shelves Wed or Thur, while their warehouse stocks last since production stopped already. Citibank 10% off. I'm going to call on Wed to reserve before collecting.

Audrey said...

I've got 15 boxes of milkbags alredi! :D Bought from Yahoo! Auctions. So that's quite a lot of milk to pump... heh. Controlled weight gain for this pregnancy. So far I think I've gained about 11kg... compared to my previous, I gained 18kg! :P