Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Bits and Pieces of Thoughts

*We're back from Sydney. Well, we returned on the 1st January instead of the 7th as planned, and I'm glad I did coz they've been taking attendance for lessons! :P I'd have been stranded without mc or letter to cover my ass and get into trouble with MOE etc etc...

*Anyway, when we first got back home, I pretty much had temporary amnesia. I couldn't recognise our bedroom, walk-in closet and bathroom. I felt 'homesick' - home being in Sydney. I tried to recall how the rooms looked (in Singapore) was and couldn't really remember... all I had were just images of my aunt's place. After returning home, we created an area for Abby to play and sleep in. She was so excited when she saw it! :) I might post up some pictures after taking the area. :P

*Drove to school yesterday for 830am lesson, and felt really good and excited for the term. :) It's gonna be relatively shorter for me this term because my Lil' One will be coming out around March, so I've gotta get everything ready to welcome him! :) It's gonna be an exciting time! :)

*Met up with my two precious angels the last two days, and I'm glad that God's seeing them through very rough patches of their lives. I really pray that God will continue to reveal His will to them and they'll just indulge in His love and goodness because He's a loving heavenly Father! :)

*Went to Paradise on the day we touched down, and things are taking shape! :) The kitchen floor's done (love the tiles) and so's the lightbox (but some hiccups there). Have to paint the house (3-5days), fix the lights after changing the specs for the lightbox lights (2 days?), get the storeroom section railing fixed (1 day), gas heater and piping installed (1 day), kitchen cabinets up (3-5 days?), and laminate flooring laid (1 day). Still need to get wardrobes, microwave oven, fridge (many days :P). Other than these items and moving our existing stuff and delivering new stuff over (another X no. of days), we're almost done! :) Looking to the move before the Lil' One arrives but after CNY.

*My iBook's crashed on me many times after I returned from Sydney! :'( I forgot to remove the charger before I left and it's been charging eversince. But I realised that it crashes only when it's not being charged. I think something's wrong with the battery. Thank God I can blog now - meaning it hasn't crashed since I first started this post! :)

*Took Abby to the PD yesterday. She's been having this old man's cough in the mornings everytime she wakes up. Sounds phlegmy, but not productive (i.e. no phlegm). I remember asking a PD in S'goon abt this and she checked Abby but said everything was fine. Abby fell ill in Sydney - down with running nose and fever for a couple of days- and took her to the GP (had to pay A$50 coz we didn't have Medicare) but GP said it was just a common cold and was fine. Yesterday while I was in school Ben called me and said that he wanted to take her to the PD (at United Square - a much more reliable one - Dr Ong from Aglow) and I'm glad we did. Dr Ong checked - and told us she had mild bronchitis. *Eeeps!* No swimming, no citrus fruits, no cold drinks, dilute formula, minimise air-con @ nights. She had a round of the nebulizer by an extremely bubbly and enthusiastic clinic assistant - we were all exhausted by her energy! :P I'm glad she's much better now - we slept without aircon last night and hope that her airways will clear soon.

*Christmas was pretty eventful. Ben was supposed to arrive the evening of Christmas eve, but somehow missed the flight although he had checked in early! :'( I was close to tears - the first time I've hoped for something and was 'deferred'. He caught the next flight and was in Sydney early Sunday morning. Abby saw him and just snuggled into his neck. :) Took a video but will put up later after Ben uploads into my comp. Had a Christmas lunch prepared by auntie Mich and had a swim later in their pool. Had an accident then. Mattie was happily jumping into the pool - pretty much supervised by his dad, but he took the final jump without his dad looking -Mattie gave no warning whatsoever- and jumped right into his dad! Matt's upper tooth sank through his lower lip and into his dad's forehead. Both bleeding and in shock. It was scary. Aunt Mich handled the whole situation extremely well - she was super calm and took care of the both of them. Later, Matt wanted to return to the pool (after crying for a long time). Poor poor boy. Later, they named themselves Sorehead and Fatlips! What humour! :D

1 comment:

M said...

oh dear, mild bronchitis! Hope Abby recovers quickly.
Great ur hubby cld join u in Oz after all :) .