Monday, February 11, 2008

CNY Celebrations

Totally forgot about dressing Abby in new year clothes, so she was one of the neglected ones in school uniform today- i think they were supposed to bring goodies too. Another lousy mother record.

Had a chaotic celebratory session in school today too. The P.A. system is in a mess, and after i contributed some stuff, now i'm being recommended for the post. Tough job, not for the faint-hearted or those who want to manage career and family, or i think those who just started their worklife.

Anyway, today i managed to clear some overdue stuff, but i still have a lot more overdue stuff due. Marking's still piling up, categorised into two piles-fresh vs procrastinating pile. I realised i don't procrastinate-it's just that other more important priorities always take over the attention. My previous boss always told me to prioritise. Until now i can still see her telling me.

I hope I can survive this week. Thank God remedial's been cancelled this week, although i still gotta go singapore discovery centre with the kids for some total defence thing. I really hope each time i get out of the class that i haven't forgotten anything.

I really need to be more productive instead of being the last to leave almost everyday. It really isn't very healthy actually. :( let's hope things will get better, and that i won't drown with the next wave. God, keep me afloat!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear,
Have not seen you for quite sometime..Know that things are carzy on your side. If you need any help just give me a call.. although the only thing i can help is to meet up with you for a meal to destress. :P
Meanwhile I will be praying for u.

Anonymous said...

Don't be too hard on yourself. I used to feel like a lousy mother too. My ex-colleagues remember me as 'the guilty mother'. Like you, I forgot to don my kid in some costumes for some occasions, I even forgot to buy Teachers' Day present when she started nursery. She was totally left out when all the kids rushed up to their beloved teacher to give her their presents. It was from then on that I try harder to remember the 'special' occasions and I try to get whatever I can do immediately done so that it doesn't slip my mind.

It's hard enough to be a mother. And we're teacher-mothers. Don't beat yourself up over it. You'll do better the next time.