Friday, February 22, 2008

Bruised Heart

We were on our way for the Lunar 15th day dinner at my in-laws place when it happened. Shalom was beginning to fuss as he was belted up in the front booster seat. I was talking to Ben about how we were going to get a free breakfast from our boss tmw coz singapore had won the youth olympics. Then, as the car in front moved off after being stuck in a mini-jam, ben who just unbuckled Shalom moved off too. He didn't have enough time to pass shalom to the back. When he realised that the car in front was turning right and his ass was sticking into our lane making it impassable to the rest of the world, it was too late. He braked abruptly and shalom flew towards the dashboard while looking right, impacted and then slipped into the abyss below the glove compartment. My reaction was too slow and could barely fish him out of the black hole in time.

I held him so close for the rest of the journey, kissing his bruised cheekbone and ear a million times. I really wish it was me instead. My heart flew, smashed into the dashboard and crashed onto the floor. My poor heart.

1 comment:

M said...

*sayang the dear boy*