Tuesday, March 21, 2006

My Little Princess

Since Shalom's arrival, it seems that all the spotlight has been on him. Thankfully, even Abby is shining her spotlight on him. :) She's been an absolute darling - very loving towards everyone, especially towards her little baby! A couple of days ago, Ben was carrying Shalom at the dining table. Abby wanted to kiss Shalom (she kisses him many times throughout the day) but couldn't reach him. So she walked away, went to get this IKEA turquoise step/stool and placed it next to Ben. Next, she stood on it! :D It was totally her own idea! :) With that, she managed to reach her little bro and gave him plenty of kisses! :D

Also, she likes to pat him on the head - which we are very cautious of. She knows that she's gotta do it gently, but I think her fine motor skills control isn't that refined yet, so she pats him on his head and says, "Qing qing!" (My MIL keeps telling her to stroke gently and she repeats after her granny while patting Shalom!)

She's such a happy child who's picking up too many new things! :D She's learning new stuff at an incredible fast rate and I think she's impressing her grandparents quite a bit... and with that, she knows how to get what she wants. She's into this fake cry - the 'like real' kind which would really get her grandma's attention - then sober up when she gets what she wants. Quite bothersome, but if the adults permit her to do that, she'll definitely resort to that. With Ben and I, we help her to phrase what she wants which usually succeeds. For instance, we break the sentence down into 'bite size' pieces and she would happily repeat after us (which happens when she's about to whine/fake cry).

Unfortunately, because the house is so big, I hardly get to see her. My hands are already full with Shalom, and Abby's just shipped downstairs for most of the time. If she's upstairs, either my helper or her granny would be too. My helper can't stay long coz she's got other tasks to do downstairs and I can't spend enough time with Abby, esp when I'm either feeding the lil' one or changing his diapers. If the house was smaller - our Paradise in the East - I'd be able to see Abby more... :D

Soon, soon. We'll be able to move there soon. The place is almost done, and till now we have no idea how we managed to pay off most of the renovation costs - especially with a growing family and on a single income. Thank God for His miraculous provisions - especially when we need it the most. And He's shown Himself faithful once again. I was just telling Him we're ready for another miracle - i.e. we're very dry liao - and He's provided financially! :D We're more than blessed. Even though times are challenging - remember this is a blog, not my entire life; if I were to document everything, it would be too much of an ordeal - God is faithful. Our plates are really full and overflowing (with responsibilities), and only through His guidance and provision are we able to get through everyday. As much as I would like to lament, I can only give thanks to a faithful God who has blessed me with a loving and wonderful hubby and two awesome and precious children. Thank You Jesus! :D

No comments: