Friday, September 30, 2005

God is my Refuge

It felt kinda odd in the middle of the night. When Abby woke up at 7, it still felt strange. Went to the toilet, then I found myself calling out to Ben, "Love, I'm bleeding!" Rather profusely. Went to lie down, could still feel the bleeding continue. Would my baby be alright? God, please protect my baby!

Ben called for Dr Yap and he told us to get me down to his clinic asap. While getting ready, I smsed Eve, Charlotte (my cell leader) and called my mum to let her know what's happening. Mum prayed with me over the phone. Ben prayed and Eve replied also. Charlotte mobilised the cell to cover us in prayer while Ben prayed. I prayed like never before... God, protect the baby!!

I felt the bleeding stop soon after. No more trickling. Praise the Lord. Ben drove us to Mt E and Dr Yap did a scan. Saw a 2cm blood clot. Put on one week of bedrest. Li-fung mentioned about a low lying placenta and gave me a progesterone jab. Warned me about it being oil-based (meaning: painful). Ben saw the whole needle go into my butt. I saw the crucifixion of Jesus and didn't feel any pain at all. If Jesus could endure that, this is nothing. No pain.

No school for one week. Bedrest. Can't even carry Abby, can't let her jump on my belly. Li-fung advised us *not* to rub the belly (mine, not Abby's) coz it would stimulate the uterus (meaning: contractions). We really don't want contractions at 15 weeks plus.

Thank God the bleeding stopped. No reason for the bleeding - not cooling/heaty foods, and whatever conjectures people can come up with. I really don't care about the 1001 superstitious laws. I just know that God is my refuge, and He'll hide me under His wings. I know many will start hypothesising about why this happened, but just leave me alone. I don't need any more fear-inspired superstitions. I'd prefer courage and boldness. And I thank God for the faithful few who was praying alongside with us in our time of need.

4 comments:

joyce said...

No worries, God's hand will be upon you both. Rest well.

Anonymous said...

Oh man... you shocked me..
But thank God you are ok now..
Dun worry, He is always in control, have a good rest and leave everything to Him..
I will pray for u n baby..
You inspire me man..
u really are a woman of great FAITH.. Trusting Him totally...

God Bless U!!!

Patrick said...

Take care and rest well... God bless.... =)

Audrey said...

Thanks everyone for your prayers and concern. Really very touched. :)