Friday, May 20, 2005

Holidays & Blessings

It's almost close to a month since the holidays started end-April. It seems like I've been trying to pack so many activities in for Abby and myself that stuff at home has been neglected. We've got so many toys at home, but very little time for Abby to play with them. It might not be a bad thing though; when I'm not around, she can have fun with them. :)

I'm glad Ben & I have straightened some stuff out regarding issues that have been left undiscussed thoroughly. Meaning: One of us knows what's happening/what the plans are, but not the other party, or we've undefined expectations. I'm really glad we've been able to stay on track to resolve issues rather than be diverted and then not settle stuff. It may sound ambiguous, but since it's rather confidential, I can't really say right? :D

We've ironed out our priorities - our relationship with God, then with each other (and our own family), then work. Not easy - because work always expands to fill whatever time available. Two weeks to deadline? We'll take two weeks. Two hours? Then die die must finish in two hours' time. *That* kind of logic.

We've also ironed out our expenses. That's an area God's been challenging me also - to put my faith in Him. So far we've been so blessed - things big and small. I was just sharing with Ben and Eve that the toys, which I've been wanting to get for Abby but coz I need to learn to spend wisely, have all come in! :D It's been great, and we're really overflowing. :)

Also, Ben's been really stretched, yet blessed workwise. He's been having great favour with his colleagues and bosses, and though he has been putting in alot of time in his work, his efficiency level has been increasing, and so has his confidence. :) Although there've been nites which he works till like 5am in the morning, he really tries to put in the effort to spend time with us so that he won't miss out on Abby's babyhood. :)

Abby's been a joy also. She seems like she's not so anxious about strangers already! :) I've been taking her out, and she's been initiating contact with strangers - smiles, giggles, etc with people at the next table or just passers-by! :D Also with her great-grandma, which is a huge relief to me. She has been rather grouchy whenever her great-grandma greets her, so that really affects the old lady alot. Yesterday I brought Abby to her place, and she was just superly happy! :)

Probably will continue penning thoughts down when I return this evening, coz I'm running late for my next appointment. :)

Oh, by the way, if you've been visiting my blog, thanks for visiting, and do leave a note if that's fine with you k? :)

4 comments:

ghetto biatch said...

Hope everything's worked out for u.. take care..

Elise said...

Hello..hello..
Nadir calling audz..

I LOVE YOU!!

thought it's better to shout it out LOUD!

Been loving since i dunno when..
so dun doubt the fact that u r LOVABLE in caps!!

Anonymous said...

Dear Audrey
Ben and yourself are an amazing couple. You are both an inspiration to the cell group and I'm sure to others as well. You both have been selfless and generous and many have been touched by you. Myself included. You have been Jesus to many people and so I thank God for the both of you.

I understand the struggles you are going through and it must be hard both for yourself and for Ben. As a young couple that's starting out, you are being challenged from all sides. Ben has been working extremely hard (God bless his soul for his diligence) yet he knows his priorities very well. God, Family, Work. Even when he has so much of work to do, he always tries to make time for the family adn for God. That's admirable.

You on the other hand, don't have it easy as well. You have your studies to take care of , Abby who needs your love and attention, and possibly other areas of challenges as well. And sometimes it must be very hard on you I'm sure. Yet you always never fail to encourage everyone you meet. That's a really sweet spirit. A real Proverbs 35 gal!

So while the two of you are almost running different responsiblities (needed responsibilities), therefore unknowingly, there is a danger that your relationship with each other may suffer. I know that the two of you love each other very much but you must make time for each other. For if the relationship is strained, everything else will be strained also. First things first.

Having said that, it seems that you've identified some areas that need attention ; communication, priorities, etc. So you are on the right track.

I suppose in a long winded way, what I'm trying to say is, "Do spend time with each other and make that a priority". The rest will sort itself out.

Love always
Vince

Anonymous said...

hello audrey!

edna here.. thanks also for helping me with tips on teaching.. i agree with vince, u've always been sweet and a light to many. ;) , we are always lovable in God's eyes, that's why we say God's is faithful, love unfailing. ;)

abt this blog, hey.. its good.. one day when u are older, u'd look back with fond memories, also, for mums -to-be, etc, i never knew such pressures. i think u know what i mean. hee.


cheers,
edna