Thursday, May 05, 2005

05.05.05: Singapore Zoological Gardens

I'm so glad I managed to take Abby to the zoo today! Lina went along to look see as well as to help me! :) Hehe... I dunno if I can manage without her. It's a rather odd day. When we were preparing to go out, I sensed some tension. Well, I've been guilty of going out with abby almost everyday, but what to do? Really wanna make up for lost time! :P Anyway, so today my mil bathed abby and then asked where we were going. Well, to the zoo of course! :) She asked if it was with eve. Well, I said, just the three of us - abby, lina and me. Then she asked why go when the weather's so hot? Hmm... think she abit reluctant to let us go out. Well, I replied - either it's hot, or it's raining. Then she laughed abit. Break the tension lah. Then she asked, abby so young dun need to go zoo. (See she quite reluctant coz I think she miss abby lah...) Well, I explained to her aobut Mattie my godson. His mum has been taking him to the zoo before he could even walk, and now, when his UK brothers come to visit, he can take them on a guided tour of the zoo!! And he's only 3!! His mum bought the zoo membership and they go there *very* often. And I added, the daily walks that my aunt and uncle take with mattie has resulted in him knowing all the various species of plantlife along the stretch they take every day. So, my mil relented. :D Well, think we'll be at home tomorrow morning and go run errands in the afternoon! :D

So we headed off to the zoo. The driver (me) didn't know how to get there so I kinda scared Lina into reading the street directory. Heh. So notti of me! :P Anyway, I told her no need about a minute later and just keep an eye out for the zoo signage. :)

Glad Abby took a nap on the way there. We took quite a while because I had to grab breakfast and Lina had to return to the house coz she had forgotten something.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

See how grumpy she was when we left the house? It was way past her nap time.

This is when she just woke up when we finally arrived at the zoo!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

It was scorching hot, and as we fed her, we were dripping in perspiration. She was really intrigued by the sounds the gibbons made! :) We walked around and had a rather good time. Saw quite a few animals (what else do you see at the zoo?) and abby was really excited! She was in a jolly good mood throughout! :) Kept talking, even to strangers and even let a stranger hold her! It was quite scary actually, coz before we barely sat down at the Elephant Show arena, this Indian lady offered to carry her and I just let her! GOD! What was I thinking! Well, I was hoping abby would cry, but she didn't, and I was ready to pounce of her if she ran off with abby! Thankfully the announcer came on and I took abby back. She was just a nice lady, thank God. Scary!!!

Abby really enjoyed herself!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

She was such an angel. Stuck even closer to the routine then normal! Usually she'll knock out about after 3 hrs of wake time, but this was about 2 hrs plus later! :) We had our lunch in peace while she slept in the comforts of KFC airconditioning which was about 19deg Cel... soon, it started raining!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

And stranger still, this Korean family came in with a baby about roughly the same age as abby or younger after Abby woke up from her nap. It was still raining. He was drenched from playing water at the Children's Playland and was topless. The mother didn't even bother to towel him dry or wrap him in anything! Just sat there and ate her lunch while her baby was sitting there dripping wet in only a pair of shorts. (Can you see them in the upper right corner?) It was only after when the mother finished her lunch then an elderly lady (presumably the mum or mil) dressed him in his t-shirt. Korea must be damn cold. The father just sat there eating his lunch while their two older kids (can see the daughter) ate theirs. Really strange. And really strong baby. Maybe that's why the baby's so strong. *scary!*

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Anyway, the Playland looked really fun! :)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Oh another strange incident. We were trying to get out of the Elephant Show arena in the rain because a couple of people were smoking near us, but decided to stop another pavillion instead because our umbrella was too tiny. There was this lady who was rather top-heavy, and from the looks of her physique and her double-strapped black spaghetti top, I guessed she was breastfeeding. Somehow breastfeeders can tell... :P Anyway, her little girl about 2yo ran up to her and then away again (on the bench), and she (the lady) stood up and then called her girl to come to her. As she did that, she just whipped out her left milk producing mammary gland WHILE STANDING UP, from the neckline of her spaghetti strap top!! She was like, Do you want to drink your milk!?! while cupping her glands, missile ready for projectile. It was scary. After her little girl saw it, she ran to her mum and tried to drink while standing up. This is in an area half-filled with people. Yes, breastfeeding is getting popular, but this... Wah. Scary. She then popped in back in again, then scooped her girl up to feed her discreetly. Which lasted for 30secs. Then the girl ran away again. It's really the elephant show man... No photos lah. What were u thinking? :P

So we got caught in the rain, that's why we saw all this. Overall, I had a great day with abby although to upkeep a lifestyle like this is a bit costlly. When we came back, I gave her a bath and really felt like a mother. :) (No one was at home, that's why i could bathe her lah.)

After her bath, we had a bit of tummy time and she can now push herself up on her knees!! :) Check out how she's checking her blind spot and reversing backwards! :D Hahah!! :D

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Oh, Cheng San has a baby show coming up, and I quite admire my mil's faith. She enrolled abby in the 6-12mth Baby Crawling Competition! Coz she said it's on the 24th of July, so by then abby would have been crawling! :D

It's been really a fun day, and I really hope there's more to come! :D That is, before I get overwhelmed by teaching... :'(

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Auntiecarole says : Hey! Didn't tell me you're going to the Zoo! I wanted to bring Cody too. (I was on MC yesterday - the sore eye came back) And guess what.. I have free tickets. Compliments of my company. If you want, we can schedule every month, we go once. Free somemore.. Hee Hee... Just let me have the date for either this month or next month. I'll go get the Zoo pass.

ghetto biatch said...

That explains why the zoo animals were cranky and wanted to escape... the milk producing mammary gland must have been irresistable...

Audrey said...

They let the cow run loose!! :P