Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Post Valentine's

Hiaks! Should have taken photos!

Rosa, Suresh & I went to Swensen's @ JP just now after we had our CCL meeting with our tuor, meet for what I also dunno. Anyway I started editing the compiled report, and I got stuck. I didn't know what I was reading. I thought I was really tired, but I really tried to comprehend what I was reading. This project has really taken its toll on me. I've become SUPER TERRIFIED of changing one of my grpmate's work after the entire fieldwork meeting(S) etc. We've clocked plenty of hours just meeting and being coerced to do stuff. Suresh has been super patient! Rosa's the super diplomatic one, and me? I the super blur one. Just give everyone stress. But @ the last min can produce work and keep them happy. Well, two of them at least. Coz the other one kancheong lah. But she juggle school, family etc very good. Kudos. Scary.

Anyway, before the meeting I took out all the CLIPART in the essay (WHO ON EARTH PUTS CLIPART IN ESSAYS???) and some photos which I may plan to use later if it's really relevant, and started editing (which became quite massive) with my blue pen. Well, at least for the first page. Then we went for the meeting. Put the stack of report on the table and then the group member saw and she was just completely stunned at the sea of blue. Apparently Rosa tried to edit on her own hardcopy and gave up also. She also thought it was typical of people in NIE to put clip art in essays. And she was waiting for us to comment on the standard of English. (And she was acting English HOD leh... hahaha...) But she's really nice. So she didn't say anything. Suresh nice also. Dun say anything or else kena hamtam AGAIN. I not nice. I dun say, but I just see what I can do. Why don't say? Normally I would, but I've learnt that when things need to be changed, and I bring it up, things would just be WHINED away and then remain status quo. *faint* "Whhhhhy????? Why you want to chaaaannnge?" *shudder*

So after the meeting, the three of us decided we needed a break & some food and headed for Swensen's @ JP. We promised we wouldn't talk about work. Then as we placed our orders, I realised it's actually the first time I went out with NIE friends and DIDN'T talk about work. Well, we kinda did, but it wasn't the main purpose. Then the group member called Rosa and started panicking, accusing me of saying things I didn't say (again) and had to be pacified by Rosa.

Suresh and I have concluded that, if Rosa was our supervisor/HOD/P, we'd died for her. If it was that group member, we'd die for sure. It's really that bad. No more next time for Suresh. No more next time for me. Enough is enough. I've had enough opportunities with her, maybe it's time to give other people a chance, people whom she can dominate over or whine to if the former doesn't work.

But honestly, although we've got clashes, I've been humbled by her Vegetable Hunt idea (something like treasure hunt). Initially we (S, R and I) wanted the Hunt out of the fieldwork. Well, not so much Rosa, but definitely S & I. But later we realised that it worked to break the monotony of the trip which was good. :) So I humbly accepted that and learnt to keep quiet and not contest anymore, coz I've got much to learn. Prior to that, we felt that getting a bunch of P6 boys and girls to run around granite ground looking for vegetables in a place that wasn't too welcoming wasn't a good idea. Because the hunt extended all the way to the main gate, which was a considerable distance away from the meeting place. (This was later changed to a more confined area at our insistence.) Our group member was threatened by other groups' fun activities such as the Amazing Race along the Singapore River. So she wanted that sort of activity as well. In a place where the owners wouldn't want people memssing up their million dollar system. Thank God it turned out well though.

Glad that the three of us went Swensen's after that. Laughed non-stop. Made silly jokes. Shared about labour and breastfeeding experiences (to warn Suresh at least so that he'd be sympathetic and supportive towards his future wife next time). Talked about helping each other with our lit module. The three of us had so much fun. It was really easy gelling together. :) Rosa's really a dear, with her infectious and hearty laughter. :)

Well, there came a point at Swensen's when I realised the last time I went there was when Eve was still pregnant and I had just given birth to Abby. Really miss Eve. Seeing her so tired really pains me. It's really no joke. I can even sense the pressure and burden that's weighing on her. Really pray for supernatural strength and for the Holy Spirit to speak to her during this time. Really hope things get better. How to help, I also dunno. But I'd avail myself even just to hear her talk. :) Miss her tons. =(

Having a baby is no joke. But then again, it's probably one of the best things that's happened to us. Well, enjoy while we can, in the midst of this madness, coz it won't last forever. :D We face different issues, yet as we overcome we'll be stronger yah? :D

2 comments:

Mrs Eve Ooi said...

miss you loads too!! am so so glad i met you over the weekend. 2 days in a row too. heh. we must be quite clever to not meet on sunday :P

Mrs Eve Ooi said...

oh and i realy really pray that you're feeling much better now that you've let out some frustration :D