Wednesday, February 09, 2005

CNY Eve

Buried deep in work. Hopefully will finish my children's lit assignment (well, let's start on it first...) and social studies (yup, that too, have to start). My group members are going to kill me if they found out I HAVEN'T STARTED. Scary hor? But anyway, just dead tired lah.

Went for 3 rounds of reunion dinner today - my maternal granny, paternal granny and my parents-in-law. Guess wat? The most enjoyable was the last one. It's really ironic. As much as Ben has been happy regarding my presence in his family having some sort of positive influence, I feel really insignificant in my own family. Just a lil' girl. My own famil(ies) are just too preoccupied with themselves and seem to have lost touch with enjoying other peoples' presence. Instead, this evening at home, we had a dinner with my in-laws, our family, carole and family and hy and family (well, hubby lah. But that's considered a family unit already!). Oh, and also got this china boy who's been having reunion dinners with us for quite a while - a boy whom ben's dad sponsors. Had an enjoyable dinner, and after that had great dessert as well as a photo taking session. Waiting for the pictures to be sent from carole. It was really fun. As much as we think Ben's dad is not very comfortable with expressing affection towards his children, he really enjoyed the phototaking session! :D They looked like they were getting married, with the two grandchildren on their laps, and their children and respective spouses (spice?) taking turns to sit beside them. We even had a men only and women only pictures! Imagine that! :D

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Clockwise from left: China Boy, Jun, Ying, me, Benji, my dad-in-law with abby on his lap, my mum-in-law with cody on her lap, Carole and Bee. Photo courtesy of auntie carole.

Also, during dinner, Ben was sharing about how my granny was selling eggs till late last nite, and no one bought from her. So my MIL suggested buying from her, instead of going to NTUC. Immediately, my FIL teased my MIL by asking, "Got points or not?" with a big smile. Heh... super farni! :D

I really praise God for this family and I really feel very blessed to be part of it. Although all families will have their fair share of squabbles, still I think my in-laws are awesome. No joke. :D God is good. :D

No comments: