Monday, August 16, 2004

Sick

This confinement has gone too far. My mother, in cahoots with her mother, made me drink FRUIT BAT SOUP. How much worse can things get? :p

On a slighter damper note, my mum highlighted to me some consequences of the divorce. When both sign the papers, the woman will no longer be blacklisted from Singapore, so she can enter and leave freely. More significantly, my father will be able to marry her and they'll be able to live in Singapore. Also very significantly, for family functions, the woman will be clinging on to my father's arms as they make their appearance while my mother will no longer have any status in my dad's family. Sick - she might even appear for this full month celebration if things take place THAT quickly.

It's reality which we've all been shelfing, and it is this reality that my mum has taken 7 years to consider. Sick. I dunno which is worse, this or the bat soup.

No comments: