Sunday, February 15, 2004

Valentine's Day

I miss my girls. :'(

Sigh, Valentine's Day... Flowers? Romance? Music? Sex? Or spending time with loved ones, with family and friends? With God? Anyway, feel abit strange. The Valentine Aftermath. All the hooha for what?

Flowers are nice, but if they are given just for the sake of giving them, then they lose their meaning entirely. I prefer spontaneity. Spending time with loved ones? I'm not so sure. Sigh. Woke up feeling like ****, realising that for the whole blardy busy day yesterday, all my man did was look forward to staying at home and watching Season 2 of Smallville. Well, I've got work to occupy my mind. He chauffeured my family and myself all around singapore - Bro got discharged from TTSH for minor head injury, resting @ aunt's place now, mum's arm is injured coz she's consistently carrying heavy stuff to and fro sin-indo. So sent her to the Chinese physician. Some nerve affected or something. Apparently after his treatment my mum is able to lift her arm higher than before. Sent me to NIE to go borrow books coz of the bloody PW. Sigh. I've got around 6 working hours left to complete the first draft of the assignment - A to E. That's my goal for today.

My sir is still sleeping coz he had a solo Smallville marathon last nite, though we came back quite late. Now I regret introducing SV to him. Strange how I had been consistently having dreams of him been distant and harsh, but when he speaks my language of love - PT, the dream man becomes better, less distant, less harsh. But when he stops speaking it, the dream fella haunts me again with a bad aftertaste. Damn. Am i that spineless?

Met up with SL yesterday. Had a great time with her. MIL problems, she and hubby left home. Now staying @ her mum's place. Sigh. She's really gorgeous, and is an extremely NICE person. Very very very nice. And ONE HELLUVA sexy. Gonna catch up with her again before end of this week. She goes back to work on the 25th Feb :P and currently she's only a stone's throw away from NIE! Jurong West. Sigh. So close yet so far.

For us, Valentine's Day's been postponed to next Sat. At my request. Bloody deadlines. I was most touched when he told me that he wanted to make arrangements to make us of our one-night stay at Ritz Carlton, but was too late. (Well, it's the thought that counts, rite?) Fully booked. So I asked him to try for next week. Let's hope it happens.

Did i mention that he proposed to me last year on Valentine's Day? At the Ritz also.

Ok. I'm feeling quite down. Think it's because I woke up late, no breakfast and a horrible deadline. And church was painful yesterday. Left SL's place around 530 for 530 service - LATE. Arrived slightly past 6, sat down for pastor's sermon about tithing and i think in 40 mins time it was all over. Gosh. It felt like a lecture - no worship, nothing. Absolutely painful. And I've realised that J now belongs to the 'uncomfortable' people category. Namely 2 ex-bfs - 1 from Sin, the other from Perth (if he's even classed as bf) - and now her. People whom I cared for and later did me more harm than good.

Ok. Back to my work. Won't bit*h anymore.